Vice President of Marketing with Coachella Valley Arena in Coachella Valley · CA
- Develop and oversee strategic marketing plans with the objective of attracting large scale music events, sporting events, community events and beyond
- Develop a vision and strategy for creation and launch of the brand and vibe of the new Coachella Valley Arena
- Build arena marketing platforms to support the promotion and ticket sales of approximately 40 concerts/entertainment events, 40 hockey events, and 40 other family/community/rental events each year
- Effectively works with Executive Management Team to create meaningful brand and performance KPIs that can be tracked and reported over time
- Evaluate the impact of marketing programs in achieving their stated objectives
- Serve as an asset to the OVG Sponsorship team on day-to-day sponsorship proposals, implementation, and fulfillment.
- Develop arena marketing best practices and workflows
- Assist with development of plans for backstage, tour, and artist hospitality
- Set digital strategy and to build and maintain mobile first website, digital marketing, e-commerce, and all social media platforms.
- Remain current on industry trends and local market insights to inform marketing strategies
- Work with OVG staff to ensure consistency and accuracy on the event settlement process
- Foster long-term relationships with key accounts while building a path to renew annual business
- Fully evaluate marketing programs and use learnings to inform future tactics
- 7+ years’ experience in a marketing role at a large sports and/or music entertainment venue
- Experience in relationship management including promoters, Ticketmaster and other partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience in field
- Proven ability to think strategically with a willingness to roll up sleeves and execute on projects
- Experience with creating successful marketing programs that focus on the fan experience
- Must be adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proven experience in successful media buying and ad campaigns
- Experience managing owned marketing channels including digital and social
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts
- Exceptional experience in leading, motivating and developing employees
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization first
- Strong ability to support creative ideation to enhance brand equity while supporting company culture, values and objectives
- Must be a fierce communicator and cross-organizational collaborator
- Experience with marketing large-scale events in a stadium or concert setting of a similar size (11,500+ seats) is highly desirable
- Experience in a marketing role during the grand opening or major renovation of an arena or stadium is highly desirable
- Minimal Travel (<20% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building
How did you hear about this job?
How many years have you worked in an Arena, Stadium, and/or Theatre?
Which specific entertainment or sports venues have you worked? Please include specific venue names
Have you been involved with the grand opening of a new Arena, Stadium, and/or Theatre?