Vice President of Programming with Coachella Valley Arena in Coachella Valley · CA
Coachella Valley Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Coachella Valley · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Event/Venue Booking
Founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff, Oak View Group (OVG) is the largest developer of new arenas in the world with over $4.5 billion worth of projects underway in Seattle, Belmont Park, Austin, Savannah, Palm Springs, Milan, and Manchester (U.K.). The company has over 500 employees across five offices around the globe.
We are here to be a positive disruption to business as usual in the sports and live entertainment industry. At OVG, we own the space between the “What If” and the “How To.” We believe it is not enough to consider what our clients could be, we build businesses by dreaming of the impossible while thinking strategically and how to execute flawlessly. The status quo is our adversary.
We never forget that we are fans first and every decision we make is through that lens. It is that unique perspective that drives our passion for innovating and improving the live experience.
OVG is currently comprised of nine different business divisions that operate with one common goal in mind – to be a positive disruption. Each division is comprised of industry veterans who built their careers and reputations on the premise of leaving somewhere better and stronger than where they found it. Our immense practical and first-hand knowledge fosters an environment of trust, collaboration, and ingenuity. Humility is at our core. We do not strive to be the biggest – we strive to earn the respect of the industry and our clients through the world-class work that we do and we take pride in being the best. Visit www.oakviewgroup.com to learn more about our company.
ABOUT COACHELLA VALLEY ARENA:
America’s hottest music festival destination is finally getting the world-class arena it deserves. Opening in the Fall of 2022, the Coachella Valley Arena will provide the greater Palm Springs area of Southern California with a premiere 11,500+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for hockey and concerts, the new arena will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all of the benefits of a modern music and sports venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home of the American Hockey League affiliate of the Seattle Kraken.
The Coachella Valley Arena is a $250+ million project that is being 100% privately funded through outstanding partners Oak View Group, Live Nation, and the NHL Seattle.
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through exceptional sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, and honoring the culture and diversity of the cities that make up the Coachella Valley in Southern California.
The Vice President of Programming is a senior member of the leadership team for Oak View Group (OVG) at the Coachella Valley Arena. The position is also the primary contact for all facility usage requests and maintains and distributes the booking calendar to both internal and external clients as needed and resolves any calendar conflicts. The Vice President of Programming acts as liaison between the assigned event manager and clients/promoters producing events at the Coachella Valley Arena and ensures that all booking systems, policies, and general communication with all parties involved are accurate, clear, and consistent.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and provide strategic leadership to the Programming Department
- Oversee the planning, coordinating and scheduling all events held at arena and hockey training center/community ice center, including up to approximately 40 concerts/entertainment events, 40 AHL Hockey events, and 40 community/rental events each year + training center usage
- Oversee and conduct event settlements and assist with flash reports
- Create event recruitment and strategies to increase content and programming
- Develop relationships and travel regularly to create and maintain relationships with agents, promoters, and managers primarily located in Los Angeles, Nashville, Miami, and New York
- Develop initiatives and marketing campaigns to actively recruit independent and non-traditional event promoters and organizers
- Collaborate with local sports and visitor agencies in the Coachella Valley to maximize events
- Assist with development of plans for backstage, tour, and artist hospitality
- Produce event proformas and lead efforts in new event creation and development
- Review industry trends and make recommendations on new business opportunities that support departmental strategic plans
- Drafts event contracts and maintains files and databases for upcoming and past events
- Manages venue calendars and communicates the schedule details to all necessary parties
- Communicates and distributes the contract details for upcoming events to the appropriate departments through all relevant means, including leading the weekly Event Booking Meetings
- Primary OVG contact with the AHL for holding and scheduling all hockey games and related events at the venue
- Key link to OVG LA Booking department
- Ensures that all booking systems, policies, and general communication with all parties involved are accurate, clear and consistent
- Represent booking department at relevant meetings including but not limited to: Production Meeting, Sales & Marketing Consortium, Ticketing, and All Staff
- Works with OVG staff to ensure consistency and accuracy on the event settlement process
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 10+ years’ experience booking arena and/or stadium or theaters with direct responsibility for supervising/directing staff across a wide-range of functions in a fast-paced environment in sports & entertainment industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Hospitality or Facilities Management or other related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Previous experience working with a professional sports team or sports tenant, concerts, trade/consumer shows
- Prior responsibility and experience for calendar and scheduling for professional sports team and use of booking software
- Proven relationship and success working with Live Nation
- Experience with creating successful initiatives that focus on the fan experience
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills, a strategic thinker and planner with a proven track record of success
- Proven record of developing and maintaining strong partnerships and collaborative spirit with peers in all lines of the business
- A strong record of personal and team achievement over his/her career with substantial personal contributions to the positive evolution of the business through innovative thinking and an ability to make things happen
- Solid experience in leading, motivating and developing employees
- Superior listening skills with a level of intellectual ability/agility
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization ahead of his/her own
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience with large crowd management in a stadium or concert setting of a similar size (11,500+ seats) is highly desirable
- In addition to a proven relationship and success working with Live Nation, the ideal candidate would have strong existing industry relationships with other national tour promoters (including but not limited to AEG, MTG, Premier Productions, Beaver Productions, Nederlander Concerts, CMN, PBR, Harlem Globetrotters, Feld, WWE, Cirque du Soleil, etc.) and major entertainment agencies.
- Intermittent Travel (<30% travel): Trips will require some air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building
Oak View Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
How many years have you worked in an Arena, Stadium, or Theatre?
Which specific venues have you worked? Please include specific venue names
Have you worked for any concert promotion companies?