Part Time Supervisor, Event Operations & Parking - UBS Arena (Elmont · NY)
We are our hiring our Part Time Supervisor, Event Operations & Parking. The parking supervisors will assist with overall management of event parking & transportation operation activities during all UBS Arena events. They will be a part of our front line staff to provide the greatest experience for all of our guests.
- Ensure all parking areas, rideshare area, bus/train locations are event ready
- Assist director by providing supervision of third-party parking operator, shuttle bus operations, rideshare area, valet.
- Ensure parking operator has required staffing levels and at proper post fully equipped to perform their tasks on time
- Monitor all LIRR schedules of trains servicing UBS Arena. Alert management of any service disruptions
- Assist with the management of the employee parking program
- Program and inspect all facility and roadway signage, including VMS signs to ensure information is accurate, relevant, and up to date.
- Perform daily quality assurance checks of all grounds
- Liaise with exterior maintenance, landscaper, snow removal contractor
- Ensure all exterior mechanical equipment is operational such as trams, generators, light towers, VMS, UTVs, etc.
- Assist with maintenance of traffic set up and break down prior to and after each event
- Serve as a member of the traffic management team during major events.
- Monitor traffic of nearby roadways via 511NY, Waze and other traffic apps. Alert management of any disruptions or congestion that may impact our guest’s arrival or exiting.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to function independently in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Must have the ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be comfortable working with the public and have strong interpersonal and communications skills
- 2+ years’ experience in general operations, exterior maintenance, parking or ground transportation.
- Ability to deal with customers and resolve customer issues and/or complaints
- Knowledge of parking revenue management systems a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Valid driver license required
- The duties of this position are performed primarily outdoors. Be prepared to work in all different weather conditions.
- Must uphold and maintain a customer friendly environment.
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
The Fine Print
UBS Arena is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All UBS Arena employees are required to be vaccinated for Covid-19. Per CDC guidelines, employees will be considered fully vaccinated pursuant to the following schedule: (1) two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (i.e., the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or (2) two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
Do you have 2+ years of experience in general operations, exterior maintenance in parking or ground transportation?
Are you available to work all events at UBS Arena including weeknights, weekends, and holidays?