In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Director of Operations- Back of House is accountable for duties related to back of the house kitchen cleaning and sanitation for main kitchen, concessions stands and all Food & Beverage service areas and maintain inventory and standards for kitchen and banquet equipment under the direction of the the Executive Chef.
This role will pay a salary of $100,000-$125,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- The Director of Operations- Back of House will be responsible for overseeing food preparation, distribution, ordering supplies, scheduling shifts, equipment functionality and readiness, cleanliness of all BOH areas and monitoring inventory levels.
- The Director of Operations provides oversight and management to the stewarding department and will actively supervise, coach, counsel, direct, train and mentor stewards in meeting company quality standards, and will independently initiate and authorize all employment actions such as hiring, termination, suspension, discipline, promotion, and transfer.
- Will actively and independently manage all aspects of employee relations to ensure a positive, harmonious, compliant, and cooperative work environment. Must have working knowledge of Union CBA.
- Responsible for setting and executing regular cleaning standards for the kitchen and verifying that staff are maintaining sanitation levels.
- Oersight of kitchen area to ensure everything is organized, sanitized appropriately and in good working order.
- Responsible for managing inventory to ensure equipment needs meet demand and are maintained in good working order with all necessary maintenance and inspections up to date.
- Must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule which includes evenings and weekends.
- Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and strong management and independent decision-making skills are required.
- 7+ years supervisor experience in a similar setting.
- Solid understanding and practical knowledge of restaurant business principles and service etiquette.
- Effective team management experience.
- A proactive approach toward day-to-day activities and shifting demands.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and food handling practices.
- Food Handlers Certification.
- SMART Serve Certified.
- An aptitude for identifying and assessing details.
- Exceptional interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Proven to perform well under pressure; manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- An ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction.
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Confident using Excel, Word and Microsoft Office.