In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Under general direction from the Director of Finance & Administration, the Accounting Clerk performs a variety of accounting duties involving record keeping, document processing and assists in performing some Human Resource functions. Provides administrative support to the Director of Finance & Administration.
This role will pay a salary of $18 to $23.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Full cycle Accounts Payable, from invoice receipt to check creation. Process and match purchase orders, invoices and packing slips; verify accuracy of information; research discrepancies; maintain a payables log and route invoices to departments for approval. Reconcile monthly statements from vendors; confer with vendors regarding purchase orders, invoices and payments. Maintain Accounts Payable files.
- Recordkeeping for 1099 Information returns: Determine if vendors are exempt from 1099 reporting and secure TIN for non-exempt vendors. Prepare annual 1099 returns.
- Post data to various ledgers, registers, journals, and logs with a high degree of accuracy and in accordance with established accounting policies and procedures; run trial balances
- Classification of expenses and revenues in accordance with chart of account definitions and venue procedures
- Coordinates with vendors, customers, and employees to verify the accuracy of information and troubleshoots issues to resolve discrepancies
- Maintains IRS W-9’s
- Prepare Sales Tax and Admissions Tax returns
- Maintain listing and track purchases for Small, Women and Minority (SWaM) vendors
- Process biweekly payroll using Payroll software, input data such as new hires and personnel changes. Maintain confidential, accurate and detailed personnel files and leave records for all full-time employees; respond to employee questions concerning leave balances
- Post Cash Receipts and process Event invoices in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage, complete and file event files
- Assist with month end closing
Perform other duties as assigned
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Modern office procedures, methods and related computer equipment
- Accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures that are reflective of the financial services industry.
- Fundamental principles and procedures of financial and personnel record keeping
- Accounting and payroll software
- Excellent Customer Service practices
- Perform varied clerical work; understand and carry out oral and written instructions, in a multi-task environment
- Operate proficiently a computer and other office equipment, type at a speed necessary for successful job performance
- Accurately tabulate, record and balance assigned transactions
- Pay strong attention to details; Organize and maintain a variety of financial records and files
- Compute rate, ratio and percent
- Multi-task effectively and meet deadlines
- Interpret, explain, apply and comply with administrative and departmental policies and procedures
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Work a flexible schedule on occasion.
- Minimum of Three (3) years of a variety of accounting experience in a medium sized office environment; additional years of experience may be considered for formal education
- Experience with ADP Payroll Software
- Experience with Sage accounting software
- Experience with ADP Enterprise eTIME (OEM Kronos Workforce Central)
Education / Training:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business administration or a closely related field.
- Proficient or above skills using Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel and Outlook