In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
This part-time position provides assistance and essential support for PPG Paints Arena events including hockey games, concerts, family shows, etc. Specifically, an Event Housekeeping Supervisor oversees 40 part-time event sweeping staff.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $22.00.
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
- Supervises all Event Sweepers within assigned areas during the events, and other shifts as needed
- Serves as a point-of-contact for employees who seek assistance relating to housekeeping matters, safety concerns, etc.
- Provides solutions to aforementioned issues by communicating with management, department leads, and/or 24hr Command Center
- Assists in sustaining PPG Paints Arena initiatives by supporting proper employee behaviors, properly addressing any failures and reporting issues to management
- Encourages development of employees’ skills and assists with incentive program
- Provides clear, concise, and timely communication of detailed event requirements to event staff
- Provide clear, concise, and timely radio communication when handling incidents or complaints
- Report any maintenance issues to management and/or proper departments
- Is proactive in seeking out ways to improve service, procedures, etc.
- Understands emergency response plan and can help facilitate process with assigned employees
- Record pertinent post-event notes for managerial review
- Be willing to provide other managerial assistance and support when requested
- Exudes exceptional guest service qualities, leadership skills, and professionalism
- Ability to effectively train, coach and mentor others
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office program on a computer and/or iPad
- Supervisory experience required
- Utilizes excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize multiple projects and find solutions to issues
- Professional presentation, appearance, and work ethic
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Must be available to work flexible hours, which will include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function.
- Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility, at times, walking and/or standing up to 4-8 hours during the work shift.
- Ability to communicate via two-way radio.