In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
This position is primarily responsible for all day-to-day accounting functions including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and financial statement preparation. The position is also responsible for event settlements and event reporting functions as assigned.
This role will pay a salary of $40,000 to $45,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Oversee some general accounting functions; including General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable
- Serve as back-up for bi-weekly payroll for all salaried and hourly employees.
- Perform GL account reconciliations monthly.
- Prepare event settlements and participate in the settlement meeting with the promoter as assigned.
- Coordinate all event settlement components including box office reports, operations activities, catering costs, stagehand and other labour, in order to present a clear and accurate settlement package for the promoter and venue management.
- Prepare all London Knights Event and London Lightning Settlements and other reports as required by the respective Lease Agreements
- Coordinate with Box Office on daily reports and deposits
- Reconcile the daily credit card sales from the ticketing system.
- Verify the weekly statements from the ticketing company, and approve payment of the invoice
- Prepare post-event “flash” reports and distribute as required, by the second working day after the event.
- Provide support for the Human Resources function through maintaining records and files; administering employee benefits as needed.
- Assist in training, directing and supervising Part Time Accounting Assistants
- Implement accounting controls and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance
- Demonstrate knowledge of current accounting principles and practices
- Prefer to have at least three years experience at a similar level of responsibility, preferably in the facility management field or related business.
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting or another related field
- Knowledge of Sage software and ADP payroll processing is an asset.