In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Sr. Staff Accountant is responsible for being part of maintaining in the accuracy and integrity of all aspects of financial and accounting activities at the facility. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, proactive, and a collaborative professional responsible for supporting the financial infrastructure of the CFG Bank Arena.
This role will pay a salary of $70,000 to $80,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and execute journal entries.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Record and analyze the accuracy of daily box office sales reports.
- Prepare and/or assist in event settlements.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain general ledgers, revenue distribution, operating expenses, prepaid and accrued expenses accuracy.
- Track compliance and all provisions of service agreement contracts.
- Oversee treasury needs.
- Records monthly tax returns.
- Complete monthly close responsibilities to meet tight deadlines.
- Support facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and policies and procedures.
- Prepare internal and external audit materials.
- Supervise Finance Admin and AP Clerk
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 2 to 4 years of experience in accounting
- S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university is preferred.
- Experience working in entertainment or venues is preferred.
- The ability to work night, weekends, and holidays is preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- Knowledge of general accounting is required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational ability.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs.
- Minimal Travel (<5% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required