In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Food and Beverage Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the serving of guests in the venue dining areas catering functions. The Food and Beverage Supervisor must be personable and able to work in an ever- changing fast-paced environment. The Food and Beverage Supervisor will assist the Food and Beverage Managers with projects including training, inventory and special events.
The Food and Beverage Supervisor must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
This role will pay a salary of $20 to $25.
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
- Responsible for overseeing the serving of meals to guests or directing guests to the buffet line.
- Responsible for ensuring set-up of all concession locations within assigned sector has been completed prior to doors. Set-up duties include: verifying opening inventory; assigning duties to concession workers (employee/volunteer); ensuring cleanliness and sanitation standards are met; verifying that location is clean and all equipment is operational, and that dispensing equipment has been tested; ascertain levels of food production based upon projected guest attendance has been met; and ensuring that LM or NFP Stand Leader has followed proper procedure for distribution and handling of cash.
- Responsible for supervising the service of beverages to guests including alcoholic beverages. Must check guest’s ID to verify minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcoholic beverages.
- Responsible for assisting in recording a guest’s order and relaying the order to the kitchen.
- Responsible for observing guests to respond to any additional requests and determine when the meal has been completed.
- Responsible for computing the cost of the meal and presenting the guest with the check. Accept payments and provide change as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring tableware and linens replaced as necessary.
- Recommends certain dishes and identifies ingredients or explains how various items on the menu are prepared.
- Supervises the set up of banquet functions including linens, dishware, glassware and silverware.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
- Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
- Assures that the location equipment is operable and clean prior to start of event.
- Responsible for recognizing guests that are visibly intoxicated and taking action to cut off alcohol to such individuals
- Enforces all OVG policies and procedures.
- Practices excellent Human Resources skills regarding employee relations, corrective action, coaching and counseling employees and completes all necessary HR related paperwork.
- Assists Management team with projects including training, inventory and special events.
- All other duties as assigned by the managers and supervisors,
- Responsible for ensuring LM or NFP Stand Leader has verified and tracks all product, including transfers, discards/spoilage, and that these are accurately reflected in the closing procedures, ensures that the LM or NFP Stand Leader maintained proper product levels while minimizing overproduction.
- At Least 1-2 years’ experience working in a supervisory capacity in a fast-paced event, concessions, restaurant or catering environment or applicable Education.
- Ability to supervise the work of others.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess valid food handling certificate or alcohol service permit if required by state or federal regulations.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.