In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
A/V Operator is a per event employee who assists the Production Manager in all aspects of AV needs for Iowa Events Center during and in preparation for events.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $15.00.
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
- Fulfill event requirements on AV needs including but not limited to areas of: camera operation, audio, replay playback, graphics, lights, and technical direction as events require
- Understand and use audio/visual engineering and signal flow knowledge to accurately setup and troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment with limited supervision
- Report damaged or malfunctioning equipment promptly and in sufficient detail to minimize troubleshooting steps
- Assist with video production of all games and events (where required) in house
- Knowledge of Daktronics Show Control software preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience working with Ross Blackstorm & Ross Xpression preferred
- Experience with Newtek 3play preferred
- Experience with Ross Carbonite Production Switcher preferred
- Knowledge of Panasonic Studio cameras preferred
- Experience with Yamaha audio mixing consoles preferred
- Must have demonstrated experience in several aspects of live video production with video production crews
- Experience in editing preferred
- Experience in levels of sound reinforcement preferred
- Must be comfortable multitasking and working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work events above and beyond the normal working day, including nights and weekend.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team