In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
This position is responsible for teaching skating skills in groups, support company or facility events, and promote Acrisure Arena while embodying the company's values and mission.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $22 to $28.
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
- Instruct group classes in various formats including our Learn-to-Skate Program, Home School Program, community classes, facility and company sponsored events, figure skating camps, etc.
- Follow the facility's Learn-to-Skate curriculum (based on U.S. Figure Skating's "Learn-to-Skate USA".
- Assist in the production and promotion of facility shows and competitions,
- Provide positive, constructive feedback when evaluating skaters.
- Maintain a professional and ethical approach to growing clientele.
- Meet all company standards and comply with instructor guidelines.
- Interact with customers in a welcoming and professional manner while promoting company values.
- Communicate facility and company program information to guests and support the company's pursuit of excellence in all areas of figure skating, hockey, and recreational skating.
- Provide recommendations for skater advancement through the programs offered at our facility.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in the sport of figure skating including competitive history, show experience and/or coaching experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. Figure Skating, Learn-to-Skate USA, and the Professional Skaters Association
- Actively pursuing education opportunities within the sport and has a PSA Basic Accreditation
- For a LTS Instructor and Junior Instructor (no private lessons): Has current Learn-to-Skate USA Instructor Membership OR current USFS Coach Compliance and Membership
- For Skating Instructors (private lessons): Has current US Figure Skating Coach Compliance (See US Figure Skating website for list of requirements)
- Present a consistent professional, motivating, and enthusiastic teaching style and able to direct a class efficiently using time management skills