In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
This position will work with the Director of Sales and Marketing to market the facilities and events while creating and maintaining relationships with local, regional, and national partners. The Marketing Manager will assist in advertising, collateral design, promotions, client and public relations, interactive media, and coordinated efforts for events as assigned.
This role will pay a salary of $70,000 to $85,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Work with the DOSM to develop, maintain and coordinate event and facility advertising programs and opportunities.
- Develop social media channel specific strategies and content creation that play to each outlet’s strengths, with a plan to measure success and identify potential adjustments to the strategy.
- Monitors; analyzes data; creates management reports and detailed evaluations of social media strategies.
- Remains current with emerging internet marketing trends, tactics, strategies, and technologies.
- Responsible for creation and development of the Marketing and Advertising Plan the and KBHCCD Annual Report.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with media, industry influencers, and key community and strategic partners.
- Acts as point of contact for media relations. Create media awareness and exposure of the convention center and its events through the distribution of press releases, publicizing of photo opportunities, guided building tours, and organization of press conferences.
- Aggressively seeks new contacts and maintains working relationships with all media representatives, civic and industry organizations, corporate promotional contacts, and event and booking representatives.
- Oversees the development and implementation of an advertising and publicity campaign to create regional, national, and international awareness of the facility.
- Create, develop, and execute special events, such as FAM trips, anniversary celebrations, and client forums.
- Assists in the development of marketing materials and procedures to have the Sales and Marketing Department function effectively as an in-house agency.
- Manage the signage/sponsorship opportunities within the convention center including vendor packages, sales materials, proposals, sales calls, and contracts.
- Work with Visit Dallas and assist the KBHCCD sales team in accomplishing sales and marketing goals.
- Responsible for prospecting, selling, cultivating, and maintaining branding sponsorships, for the building in both new and renewal business.
- Manage the KBHCCD brand.
- Serve as a liaison with industry representatives, the public and other convention center departments, and divisions.
- Maintains, updates and monitors website content and analytics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in marketing, public relations, communications, business, or another related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of increasingly responsible experience in sales and/or marketing, preferably with a sports facility, convention center, performing arts facility or other multi-purpose public assembly facility.
- Strong leadership, organizational and computer skills required.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Must be a committed, organized user of social media tools, with an understanding of how to drive programs through digital media, manage database marketing to reach new customers and drive increased revenue.
- Strong work ethic
- Accountable and detail-oriented; must be able to juggle many tasks within time constraints.
- Microsoft office applications and word processing skills required, as well as database management, graphic design, PowerPoint.
- Strong understanding of social media, web-based advertising, and website maintenance
- Team player who is a creative and proactive problem solver
- Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) workdays and extended number of days when required
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is preferred.
Demonstrated proficiency with the following: Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, and MS Outlook) Digital and social media tools (WordPress, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), and other social media platforms deemed appropriate) and Monitoring Tools such as (Social Media Insights, TV Eye, and Google Analytics).