In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Lead Banquet Server provides direction and oversight of banquet servers as directed by Banquet Management. The Lead Banquet Server is responsible for serving guests in the venue dining areas at catered functions. Must be personable, professional and able to work in an ever-changing fast-paced environment. This role requires that the employee maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a varied event-driven schedule including evenings and weekends.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $14.50.
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
- Ensures staff are briefed on event requirements at each shift and assigned to a specific area prior to events.
- Answers questions of catering staff and provide direction based on ability to comprehend BEOs.
- Assists with conducting a walkthrough of rooms and storage areas after teardown & completion of event to ensure all areas are clean and organized.
- Monitors food & beverage quality, guest service and ensures highest level of guest service during event.
- Demonstrates ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance, well-groomed with a professional appearance, and adhere to uniform standards.
- Responsible for setting up banquet functions including linens, dishware, glassware and flatware and requested tabletop items.
- Responsible for serving guests and replenishing food for buffet service.
- Ensures all policies and procedures regarding accounting and cash handling practices are followed.
- Responsible for overseeing the service of alcoholic beverages to guests. Ensures staff members are checking ID’s to verify minimum age, are serving beverages responsibly in accordance with state/federal regulations.
- Enforces all OVG Food Service and Hospitality and venue policies and procedures as they relate to guest satisfaction, quality standards, uniform policy, operating procedures and quality presentation.
- All other duties as assigned by the Banquet Management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One or more years’ food service / catering management or related supervisory experience preferred.
- Basic computer proficiency including experience with MS Word, Excel & Outlook preferred.
- Cash handling experience and ability, basic math skills including significant number manipulation.
- Effective reading, comprehension, verbal and written skills in English Language.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, monitor behaviors of guests, have positive interpersonal relations.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, guests, managers and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to be self-directed with little oversight and direct a team, creating a positive employee climate.