In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Staff Accountant assists the Director of Finance and Assistant Director of Finance with accounting functions and performs a full range of professional accounting duties involved in fiscal management, record keeping, reporting, and financial analysis of the facilities. This position will support both the Ford Idaho Center and the Nampa Civic Center.
This role will pay a salary of $23 to $28.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Process and prepare accounts payable invoices.
- Responsible for expense and revenue classification in accordance with chart of account definitions and venue procedures.
- Verify & post entries to general ledger accounts; run trial balances
- Detail processing for accounts receivable and collection calls for outstanding payments.
- Assits with process of Box Office ticket reports and record transactions.
- Assist with month end closing procedures.
- Prepares select event settlements and sales journals.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare audit work papers and perform analysis of accounts.
- Perform analysis of accounting records; prepare event profitability statements.
- Prepare sales statements.
- Coordinate and collaborate with event staff to ensure accurate and timely event financial reporting and record keeping.
- Perform related professional accounting work in support of accounting functions.
- Apply Federal, State, and local laws and regulations pertaining to accounting and auditing work.
- Examine and verify a variety of financial documents and reports.
- Prepare a variety of financial statements, reports, and analyses.
- Operate a ten-key calculator by touch at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
- Operate a computer to perform accounting functions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business administration or a closely related field.
- One year of professional accounting experience required.
- Some experience in building management industry preferred but not required
- Must be accurate and efficient with ability to meet deadlines
- Capable of working with all levels of management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Knowledge of Sage 100 preferred.