In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Premium Suites Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for the overall management of all suites, loge boxes and catering activity. The Suites Manager will actively supervise, coach, counsel, direct, train and mentor employees in meeting company quality standards, and will promote a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment. The Premium Suites Manager coordinates suite level activities at the venue into a team effort that contributes to the successful execution of all events. The Premium Suites Manager enforces all OVG’ personnel and operating policies and procedures and plans, organizes, and executes the service requirements of each event and determines all scheduling and product components required to properly service events within budgetary guidelines.
This is a key position for the effective and profitable operation of the business. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule which to evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and strong technical (computer and POS) aptitude required.
OVG Hospitality, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about OVG Hospitality at www.oakviewgroup.com/ovg360
This role will pay a salary of $55,000 to $65,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Management of suite level food & beverage services to ensure a high level of suite holder satisfaction in all pertinent areas
- Adhere to state, federal and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Detect and act upon guest inebriation as trained, escalating to upper-management or security when needed.
- Provides on-going training, development, mentoring and supervision of hourly employees. Responsible for completing documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and practice.
- Assists in troubleshooting technical problems with Point of Sale Systems, from both a hardware and software perspective.
- Generates event employee schedules and verifies employee time for both Premium Services and Concessions, as required.
- Assist in the management of catered events from set-up to tear down, including handling all communication with hourly staff, culinary staff and guests.
- Ensures staff are briefed on event requirements and assigned to a specific area prior to events.
- Enforces all OVG and venue policies and procedures as they relate to guest satisfaction, quality standards, uniform policy, register transactions, operating procedures, and quality presentation.
- Conducts a walk-through of suites and pantry areas after completion of the event to ensure all areas are clean.
- Assists in development of other business activities, community participation in appropriate groups and all other assignments as directed by the General Manager or Assistant General Manager.
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred
- 3-5 years experience working in a supervisory capacity in a food & beverage environment.
- Familiar with inventory cost control and menu planning.
- Basic computer proficiency: E-mail, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale and timekeeping systems
- Ability to accurately handle register and revenue collections through POS system is required.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending upon event and business requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, management staff, vendors and guests in a clear, professional and respectful manner.
- Able to be self-directed in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of employee scheduling in a hospitality environment.
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain valid food handling certificate and TABC certificate prior to working at Moody Center.
- Performing the duties of this position involves extensive and continuous standing and walking. Routine activities require the employee to be able to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 75 pounds. The vision requirements include the ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision and close vision.