In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
OVG Facilities, a division of the Oak View Group, is a full-service venue management and event programming company that operates and books arenas, theaters, convention centers, and amphitheaters throughout the U.S. OVG has an excellent and immediate opening for a Banquet Server for the Edward D. Hansen Conference Center.
Managed by OVG, the Edward D. Hansen Conference Center purpose is to create, plan and execute outstanding event experiences. To achieve this, our employees must provide the highest levels of guest service by demonstrating our principles of being professional, resourceful, accommodating and precise, while always being safe. To be successful in this role, candidates must be friendly and honest, build strong relationships, continually strive to provide a seamless experience, and be flexible to our guests needs by providing quality services and products through detailed and accurate communication. Team members of the Edward D. Hansen Conference Center must share in our values of being adaptable to event needs, being aware of guest requirements, showing strong character, and being team centric.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $18 to $20.00.
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
- Ability to read and understand Banquet Event Orders.
- Ability to carry at least 50 pounds.
- Provide fine dining level food and beverage service to guests for all events consistent with EDHCC standards of service.
- Initiate and maintain friendly and professional contact with guests ensuring that all needs are anticipated and met.
- Setup and maintain both food and beverage stations in various locations throughout the building consistent with EDHCC standards of service.
- Maintain and inventory for both food and beverage stations.
- Maintain all event areas and front of house staging areas in a tidy and organized manner.
- Participate in both setup and cleanup of food and beverage service items.
- Ability to work independently during slower times
- Perform safe work by helping to provide a safe and clean work environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Have a high level of social contact. Ability to work closely with staff and deal often with patrons.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and select holidays.
- Must be detail oriented to ensure that work is accurate and complete.
- Ability to mutli-task.
- Ability to handle and move objects.
- Must have a customer-focused, positive and professional attitude.
- Ability to read with oral and written communications skills in the English language.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Must be able to stand for extend periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach out with the body, arms and/or legs.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry heavy objects up to 30 lbs. and 15 lbs. often.
- Must be punctual with consistent attendance.
- Must be able to respond to simple complaints or inquiries from customers, members of the business community, and/or regulatory agencies.
- High School diploma or equivalent GED strongly preferred. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Must be at least sixteen years of age to apply.
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in events, banquets or restaurants preferred.
- Must be at least eighteen years of age to serve alcoholic drinks.