In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Operations Team Member - This position is under the direct supervision from the Operations Manager and/or Director of Operations to perform event set-up and tear down, custodial, housekeeping and light maintenance tasks as assigned.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $13.00.
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
- Confer daily with the Operations team to review and receive assignments.
- Be a key player in keeping facilities clean & beautiful.
- Clean and set rooms in accordance with the Operation’s procedures.
- Set up for events by un-stacking chairs, tables of various shapes and sizes, staging and drapery.
- Comprehend and communicate clear instructions for event set ups.
- Regularly check restroom cleanliness and supplies.
- Operate buffer, scrubbers, blower, vacuum and other various equipment.
- Perform daily cleaning tasks such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, polishing, washing windows, snow removal equipment, and washing windows from checklists and sign off tasks as they are completed.
- Ensure all rooms are cared for and inspected according to venue standards.
- Protect and maintain equipment and ensure there are no inadequacies.
- Note and report any building components in need of repair.
- Safely use cleaning chemicals and communicate proper cleaning procedures as needed to others.
- Assist other department personnel as deemed necessary.
- Carry a radio to communicate needs of events with other personnel.
- Adequately perform post-event cleanup and trash removal. Must be able to remove all items from event set up and position them back in their holding area of the Convention Center.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prefer someone at least 17 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Work schedule will vary based on events booked.
- Handle multiple tasks at one time working from general instructions and specifications, with minimal supervision.
- Work effectively in a service oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to respond calmly to public concerns; must be accountable and responsible.