In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
OVG360, a division of the Oak View Group, is a full-service venue management and event programming company that operates and books arenas, theaters, convention centers, and amphitheaters throughout the U.S. OVG has an excellent and immediate opening for a Club Catering Attendant for the Mullett Arena.
Managed by OVG, the Mullett Arena purpose is to create, plan and execute outstanding event experiences. To achieve this, our employees must provide the highest levels of guest service by demonstrating our principles of being professional, resourceful, accommodating and precise, while always being safe. To be successful in this role, candidates must be friendly and honest, build strong relationships, continually strive to provide a seamless experience, and be flexible to our guests needs by providing quality services and products through detailed and accurate communication. Team members of Mullett Arena must share in our values of being adaptable to event needs, being aware of guest requirements, showing strong character, and being team centric.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $10.85 + tips
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching
- Responsible for serving meals to guests or direction guests to the buffet line.
- Responsible for replenishing buffet line and keeping it clean.
- Responsible for refilling salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiments and napkins.
- Responsible for replacing tableware and linens as necessary.
- Recommends certain dishes and identifies ingredients or explains how various items on the menu are prepared.
- Responsible for setting up banquet functions including linens, dishware, glassware and silverware.
- Maintain all event areas and front of house staging areas in a tidy and organized manner.
- Participate in both setup and cleanup of food and beverage service items.
- Ability to work independently during slower times
- Perform safe work by helping to provide a safe and clean work environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Have a high level of social contact. Ability to work closely with staff and deal often with patrons.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and select holidays.
- Must be detail oriented to ensure that work is accurate and complete.
- Ability to mutli-task.
- Ability to handle and move objects.
- Must have a customer-focused, positive and professional attitude.
- Ability to read with oral and written communications skills in the English language.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Must be able to stand for extend periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach out with the body, arms and/or legs.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry heavy objects up to 30 lbs. and 15 lbs. often.
- Must be punctual with consistent attendance.
- Must be able to respond to simple complaints or inquiries from customers, members of the business community, and/or regulatory agencies.
- High School diploma or equivalent GED strong preferred. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in events, banquets or restaurants preferred.
- Must be at least eighteen years of age to serve alcoholic drinks.