In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Virginia State University Multi-Purpose Center Parking Staff provides excellent customer service to the arena guests and are often the first person our shows and premium guests connect with upon arrival. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate clearly and professionally with peers and guests and have the flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $12 to $15.00.
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
- Greet arriving and departing guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Set up assigned parking areas as directed by Supervisor.
- Standing in traffic to direct vehicles into and out of parking areas.
- Verifies customers have proper parking pass for VIP parking areas.
- Perform vehicle counts on location throughout shift to ensure garage does not over fill available spaces.
- Control traffic at entrances and exits as needed.
- Maintain equipment and any general maintenance tasks as directed by Supervisor.
- Immediately report accidents, incidents, or safety concerns to Supervisor.
- Always communicate professionally with guests, client, and teammates.
- Communicate with guests who need directions on where to park and any questions they might have
- Cash Handling - collect cash and/or coupons and maintain security of cash
- Maintain a new and clean appearance during all scheduled shifts
- Prior parking experience strongly preferred
- Customer Service and Cash Handling abilities are a must
- Must be polite, friendly and possess excellent interpersonal skills as this position has extensive guest and employee contact
- Ability to multi-task
- Must have reliable transportation
- The ability to work various hours as needed including nights and weekends
- The physical stamina to stand for long periods of time and walk long distances
- Ability to work outdoors with extreme heat and weather conditions
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds with or without