In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Banquet Captain is responsible for supervising service, communicates with management on details of the event to ensure proper staffing, equipment, and special arrangements.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $20 to $25.00.
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
- Meet the guests at the beginning of the function and maintains contact throughout the event to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Supervise food and beverage servers in room setup, buffet setup and decorating, meal service and breakdowns for single events. This includes all cash and hosted bar set ups.
- Conduct a pre-function meeting, giving instructions in a clear and concise manner, coordinate method of timing of food delivery with culinary team members. Determine and assign breaks, mealtimes, and team departure with emphasis on labor management.
- Direct and supervise banquet servers and bartenders during the execution of events to ensure service is consistent with OVG Hospitality standards.
- Direct and ensure that all daily tasks have been completed by the service staff and that all areas are cleaned, set, and organized for the next day's business before end of shift.
- Direct and supervise banquet servers in weekly and monthly side work tasks and ensure that proper setup tasks are completed daily.
- Control and track inventory of beer, wine, liquor, and non-alcoholic beverage product both at service stations and in storage areas including check-in and check-out inventory to servers.
- Work with Food and Beverage management to train new and existing team members to ensure consistent performance and to maintain OVG Hospitality standards.
- Ability to perform all essential functions of a Banquet Server and Bartender.
- Ability to lead a strong team and train staff members.
- Ability to read, understand, and implement OVG Hospitality Standards of Service, Banquet Event orders, and other policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in Outlook, Publisher, and Event Software
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communications, team-building and problem-solving skills are required.