In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Donald L Tucker Civic Center
Reports to: Operations Manager, Director of Operations
Status: Full-Time; Hourly; Non-Exempt
This role will pay a salary of $17.00 to $19.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Participate in the maintenance and repair of facility systems and equipment including HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, chillers, refrigeration, boilers, and associated equipment as well as general maintenance and upkeep activities.
- Performing preventative maintenance and scheduled predictive maintenance checks following manufacturers’ recommendation.
- Read and interpret blueprints, specifications, shop drawings, schematic manufacturer’s specifications, and other reference materials to determine appropriate job requirements and procedures.
- Documenting procedures, processes, and best practices in on-plan sets and end-user manuals or modifying what has previously been documented.
- Accurately maintain records of labor time, parts used, and work accomplished.
- Effectively communicate with all Operations team members to accomplish projects and tasks.
- Establish and maintain cooperative-working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Plan work to ensure cost effective use of labor and materials.
- Ensure tools and equipment are in good repair and properly stored.
- Provide on-site support during events as well as during weekends and holidays.
- Assist in pre-event set up while supporting HVAC and electrical needs.
- Follow/uphold all safety standards.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Minimum of 4 years increasingly reasonable experience in building maintenance; experience in building repair, carpentry work, painting, plumbing, and electrical preferred.
- Experience in a convention center, sports, entertainment, or hospitality industry strongly preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess a valid State driver's license.
- Must be certified to operate a forklift or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Certifications preferred: EPA CFC Universal.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and climb ladders required.
- Must have experience with power and hand tools.
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements
- Required to work independently and under minimal supervision.
- Able to make immediate decisions and communicate with others.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be available to work various shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.