In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Operations Manager reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for assisting in the administration, planning and direction for the operations of the Tahoe Blue Event Center including front and back of house services, technical services, information technology, conversion, custodial services, and equipment inventory control. Insures an effective and cost efficient program by controlling the Operations budget, and performs related day to day responsibilities as required.
Works with the Director of Operations to coordinate all elements of facility operations including purchasing, operation and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, custodial, grounds, tele-communications systems, security, smoke/fire detectors and conversions.
This role will pay a salary of $45,000 to $55,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Assists Director of Operations in the overall daily operation and maintenance of the facilities.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for all event changeovers; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures;
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Coordinate, and review the work plan for changeover, facility maintenance and operations; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Coordinate labor hours for staff and temporary workers. Report labor allocations to Director of Finance.
- Coordinate facility arrangements and monitor the work of contractors; including equipment rental. Report any issues to the Director of Operations immediately.
- Ensure staff is working safely, efficiently and are aware of proper safety guidelines. Conduct monthly safety meeting.
- Order supplies and materials for maintenance programs within budget guidelines; receive and maintain supplies.
- Maintain hazardous materials communication program, material safety data sheets and required records and permits; maintain knowledge of changes in pertinent Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Develop and maintain an accurate record keeping system; including equipment maintenance and inventory logs.
- Experience and working knowledge of fork lifts, scissor lifts, housekeeping equipment, grounds keeping equipment, electrical, refrigeration and plumbing.
- Three to five (3-5) years’ experience in an operations position in arena, convention center or public assembly facility with knowledge of set up/housekeeping and event coordination including progressive supervisory responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university in a related field (Facility Management, Engineering, Sports Management, etc.) preferred; High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills required; including excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including, early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and extended number of consecutive days.