In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Staff Accountant is responsible in assisting in the accuracy and integrity of all aspects of financial and accounting activities at their respective facilities. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, proactive, and a collaborative professional responsible for supporting the financial infrastructure of their assigned facilities as well as the division. The candidate will communicate and work with the teams at the physical locations as well as assist other staff accountants during the monthly cycle and at month end. The month end close lasts approximately 4 days and will require late weeknights to import and reconcile transactions.
This role will pay a salary of $62,500 to $70,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Daily written and verbal interaction with venues nationwide and international.
- Working directly with Division Senior Level Management.
- Track compliance regarding the compensation, term, and auditing provisions within the management contracts.
- Prepares and files appropriate state and local tax calculations and returns and ensure timely filing.
- Perform balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations, analyze discrepancies, and suggest course of correction to the facilities.
- Maintain general and subsidiary ledgers and depreciation.
- Support approximately 15 – 20 facilities with financial statement preparation for the Corporate Office and Client, and other financial reports, including monthly commission/mgmt fee statements.
- Prepare client or external audit materials and financial reporting and implementing recommendations of Client as requested.
- Prepare and execute journal entries.
- Reconcile bank statements monthly.
- Oversee assigned facility’s A/R and guide the field with applying payments and bad debt.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One to three years of accounting experience, particularly in month end reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Be able to work late nights during the month end close and year end.
- The ability to be a self-starter, handle multiple tasks, and meet firm deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel is a must.
- Experience with Sage 100 is a plus.