In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
We are looking for a Senior Copywriter who embraces modern storytelling principles and disrupts the status quo. This position will be responsible for developing a vision of creative possibility in virtually any medium, has a keen eye for detail, and a drive to deliver the sharpest, most dazzling copy. This person will be craft-led, strategically driven, media agnostic, agile and consistently conceptual, with a desire to transform by creating exceptional, intuitive, and human-centered communication.
This role requires complete self-assurance, as the senior copywriter is in charge of positively influencing clients by delivering a clear message, leveraging original approaches and innovative ideas, as well as using their initiative to seek out new trends and incorporate them into their writing solutions.
This position is responsible for editing, proofreading and writing copy for a wide variety of marketing materials and mediums, including sales/promotional collateral, RFP responses and pitch decks, press releases, creative assets (web/digital, social, email, print, etc) and other duties as assigned. The Senior Copywriter will be responsible for crafting copy that is consistent with brand standards for OVG360, reviewing the accuracy of all messaging produced for client and internal corporate initiatives. This position supports overarching storytelling, checks grammar, spelling and punctuation and works with reference materials supplied by the marketing communications team, in addition to the business development, sales and creative services teams to ensure copy is executed and delivered error-free and on time. This position focuses on quality control across increasingly complex assignments and must have the ability to form dynamic working partnerships across several departments on the team.
This role will pay a salary of $100,000 to $120,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Write and edit content that is clear, concise and compelling. Copy may be used for sales presentations, websites, press releases, editorial content, internal communications, graphics, and other marketing materials
- Create concise, informative and engaging sales messaging that help to generate new business, and retention and supporting revenue generation.
- Participate in A/B testing and continuous measurement of communications
- Help organize, maintain, and oversee the brand group’s voice and brand standards
- Final proofing and approval of text that is placed in layout form for printed and digital assets
- Develop copy for assets such as signage and event communications
- Maintain library of organizational terms, descriptions, styles, etc.
- Proofread various types of copy, cross-checking grammar, spelling, punctuation and overall message and tone
- Provide assistance to the marketing and communications team with the development and editing of business development and branding related materials
- Manage third-party freelance support when applicable
- Work independently and collaboratively with creative team to develop ideas, refine concepts and ensure creative vision is achieved and client expectations are met
- Offer client and team members innovative advice and solutions from industry examples and experience; source inspirational material and references of how to push creativity
- Work within tight deadlines
- Be a champion for innovative media/platform solutions
- Play an active role in planning
- Participate in pitches for new business (when applicable)
- Take ownership of copy briefs and answer them to a very high standard
- Interview clients, internal colleagues and experts to generate creative written solutions/responses
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English public relations, communications, marketing, or an equivalent academic program
- 8+ years of professional writing experience
- Curiosity: Have intellectual curiosity, problem solving skills, and a willingness to listen, question and continuously learn.
- Effective Communication: Ability to share ideas and present creative in a clear concise way.
- Strategy: Demonstrate exceptional strategic thinking
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write in a range of voices and styles for varied projects with diverse audiences
- High-caliber writing skills with a focus on response-oriented communication
- Ability to concept compelling written solutions that align with overall creative strategy
- Proven ability to listen, digest and resolve client feedback with a creative solution and a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines; ability to be responsive and flexible to complete responsibilities on short notice
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle diverse writing demands
- Attention to detail, deadline focus and ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks
- Ability to copy edit and provide grammatically correct (or acceptable marketing language) copy
- Must demonstrate in-depth understanding of new and existing multi-media platforms
- Demonstrate a working understanding of CRM principles
- Strong communication skills with ability to provide rationales for creative choices made
- Strong presentation skills
- A portfolio of published content
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
- High degree of computer literacy and proficient in Microsoft Office suite; experience using Content Management Systems, AP stylebook
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels of management and other departments
- Ability to effectively work in office or hybrid setting
- Occasional irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Sound understanding of graphic design and a keen appreciation of the interplay between textual and visual elements
- Experience working and editing with InDesign
- Working knowledge of digital & social media and similar mediums
- Experience working in the entertainment/hospitality industry
- International and local awards (i.e. Cannes, One Show, Loeries, Clios, Bookmarks etc.)