We have an immediate opening for a Part-time Infrastructure Technician at the McCormick Place Convention Center. Will provide infrastructure service support for the wired and wireless networks for Event Exhibitors, Show Management and internal administrative users.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $22 to $28.00.
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with the Infrastructure Manager and other Infrastructure Technicians in providing Internet services and network support.
• Assists other Infrastructure Technicians in maintaining network routers/switches, access points, software and Internet servers for the internal users and each Event to provide reliable Internet access to Exhibitors.
• Provides hands on assistance and customer service to Show Management and Exhibitors before and during the Event.
• Employs quality assurance (QA) efforts to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Monitors existing Internet traffic and use to proactively manage Internet services.
• Troubleshoots network and Internet issues as they arise.
• Documents and communicates problems to the Infrastructure Manager and Infrastructure
• Recommends improvements to the technical environment to provide improved customer service.
• Assists Helpdesk Personnel in providing support when required.
• Performs all other job duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• H.S. Diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of two (2) years related work experience required.
• Minimum of one (1) year microcomputer hardware/software peripheral installation and
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility(ies), at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily. The employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; using hand to handle files, type and operate offices machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to network issues, other office correspondence, etc. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Hours of work and travel requirements:
Must be able to work flexible works hours according to the need of the event. No travel required.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.