In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The DE&I Manager is a new position within OVG’s DE&I team charged with building DE&I programs that will significantly increase opportunities for diverse suppliers, employees, and community partners. The ideal candidate will build strong relationships in the business community and be both a strategist and implementer in connecting diverse suppliers to procurement opportunities across McCormick Place and regionally.
This role will pay a salary of $75,000 to $110,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- In collaboration with VP of DE&I oversee the assessment, development, and implementation of formal Supplier Diversity Program at McCormick Place and regionally
- Assist with implementation of OVG initiatives related to DE&I at McCormick Place and regionally
- Act as a liaison with diverse vendors & pre-screen suppliers at McCormick Place and regionally to support growth of OVG’s enterprise wide Supplier Diversity Program
- Assist with on-going communication to diverse suppliers
- Assist with 2nd Tier reporting
- Create vendor by commodity listing from database & RFP tracking spreadsheets
- Assist with surveys for the Supplier Diversity program interacting with HR and various banking related groups
- Assist with event planning and maintain vendor contact information from networking events
- Follow up with Sourcing managers and assist with finding suppliers to include in upcoming RFPs and track which vendors are included and which vendors are awarded business
- Assist with mentoring program, providing additional guidance to vendors to help them with the bidding process
- Coordinating meetings with diverse vendors
- Assist with supplier diversity event planning
- Annually, create and submit supplier diversity plans, and summary reporting
- Participates in outreach activities including tradeshows, matchmaking and other networking supplier diversity events to create awareness of OVG’s supplier diversity program and opportunities.
- Collaborates with sales, sourcing, marketing, and communications organizations to understand corporate commitments, customer needs, and requirements.
- Quarterly, analyze small business and MBE data to: (1) review trending to goals, (2) mitigate risk to achieving small business goals.
- Minimim of 3-5 year supplier diversity experience, preferably for venue management industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Procurement knowledge highly preferred
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and communication skills
- Superb problem solving and analytic skills
- Good time management and organizational skills with ability to manage detailed, concurrent tasks