In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Research Analyst role is responsible for the organization, navigation, interaction design, and business/user process for the Venue Management company of Oak View Group at McCormick Place.
The Research Analyst will project manage tracking and communication of major new initiatives as well as consolidate existing data from multiple sources. This newly created position will be responsible for conducting in-depth operational analysis with a focus on driving reporting efficiencies, encouraging and establishing guidelines and recommendations for the review of new data points essential to evidence-based decision making across the business. As a new position, you will have a great deal of input on the design and method of collecting and aggregating data for the business.
This role will pay a salary of $70,000 to $100,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Work with General Manager (GM) on developing benchmarks across business channels to optimize profitability, revenue, and sales growth.
- Completes entire data analysis life cycle from procuring and cleaning raw data, identifying key insights, and creating interactive dashboards displaying those key insights.
- Meet with executives, department heads, managers, supervisors, and others, to: assess, capture, and implement solutions for business reporting and/or data needs; solicit cooperation; and resolve business or technical problems.
- Identifying data sources, both internal and external, and create a plan for data management that is aligned with organizational strategy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and vendors for the smooth functioning of the data/reporting system.
- Collaborate with Finance to develop and manage financial reporting for VM division,-serve as conduit / go between with Finance for Forecasting / AR tracking /Progress reports
- Monitor and analyze expense and revenue trends, as well as key performance indicators.
- Revamp and manage our management reporting from the field-develop processes for collecting progress reporting as well as aggregating and reporting data, including standardizing format; frequency and distribution.
- Produce reports for the senior management team in identifying and focusing on opportunities and risks of immediate and/or future concern.
- Assist with major initiatives for VM division, in areas of procurement, supplier diversity, new business contractual requirements.
- Other Duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of project and data development, including system development, project management approaches and requirements
- Proficiency in data modeling and design, including database administration.
- Analytical skills and strategic thinker with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on collaboration and communication.
- Experience with showcasing the value of leveraging data to attain executive buy-in.
- Ability to collaborate well with others, initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- 5-7 years’ work experience in Data Analysis, BI, Statistics.
- Proficient knowledge of Ungerboeck and Simpleview data reporting.
- Advanced proficiency with BI Tools (Tableau preferred), Programming Languages & SQL, and Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, Vlookups etc.).
- Experience analyzing large data sets to extract actionable recommendations.
- Experience importing and cleaning data sets from external sources.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage numerous business relationships in a professional manner
- Ability to execute non-conventional market research
- Attention to detail
- Highly motivated with a desire to learn new programs and skillsets.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed, in addition to traditional business hours