In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Assistant General Counsel, Employment (“AGCE”) will be a member of the OVG360 in-house legal team providing departmental support to the General Counsel in all of OVG360’s legal affairs. The AGCE will effectively advise on a variety of employment and labor law issues for each OVG360 division and provide legal counsel to corporate and OVG360-managed venue partners. In addition to providing services to OVG360, the AGCE may also provide support to certain other entities/divisions within Oak View Group. The AGCE will proactively engage and serve as a true strategic partner to the rest of the organization, working together with various department leaders to find creative ways to “say yes” while expertly managing risk.
This role will pay a salary of $200,000 annually with a 15% bonus opportunity.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work with and support the General Counsel and other legal department team members in providing employment and labor law advice and support to all lines of OVG360’s business, including but not limited to its OVG360 venue management and OVG Hospitality divisions. The candidate will also support the OVG360 legal team on general corporate matters as needed. Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the process of reviewing and responding to third-party subpoenas and requests for employee personnel and wage records
- Assist with supporting venue management and food service accounts with staffing agency contract questions and negotiations
- As appropriate may handle administrative agency charges, complaints and audits in-house, independent of outside counsel by investigating and drafting responses
- Supporting the People Operations team with a wide array of employment law issues, such as drafting separation agreements and other employment documents, advising on and developing policies or guidance, complying with pay transparency and reporting obligations, advising on employment and labor relations issues, and projects such as internal audits/reviews
- Assist People Operations team and business leaders with negotiating labor agreements
- Keep abreast of changes in employment and labor laws and work with other members of the legal team, People Operations and business leaders to implement policies and practices to ensure compliance
- Work cooperatively with other members of the legal team and Risk Management to mitigate legal risk to the company
- Identify and research legal issues that could impact the company and its activities
- Perform other related duties as requested
Qualifications, Skills and Education Requirements:
- Law degree from a top-tier law school.
- 5+ years relevant legal experience with a highly regarded law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Broad knowledge of employment and labor law
- Experience defending and litigating employment law claims, including experience leading internal investigations and preparing evaluations, responses and pleadings for litigation and pre-litigation matters, including administrative agency proceedings
- Extensive knowledge of labor law preferred
- Superb oral and written communication skills, with a strong ability to draft and review legal documents, analyze complex issues and provide practical, business-oriented solutions
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and efficient
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small, dedicated, productive and high-quality legal team which supports a fast-growing company. Candidate must be willing to be a team player and assist on tasks and projects where needed across the legal team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate and offer legal counsel to legal team members, internal corporate departments and specific venues. Must be able to strike sensible and practical balance between legal risks and achievement of business objectives, and be able to formulate creative solutions to accomplish the company’s goals
- Adept at working effectively in a fast-paced, high activity environment, and be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high-quality work product. Candidate must know when and how to escalate issues.
- Coupled with strong legal skills, the attorney must exhibit a strong sense of ethics, integrity, and sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.