In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Corporate Paralegal will be a member of the OVG360 in-house legal team providing departmental support to the General Counsel and other members of the OVG360 Legal Department in all of OVG360’s legal affairs. The Corporate Paralegal will, among other duties, effectively manage all corporate records, filings and databases and assist with liquor license applications. The Corporate Paralegal will proactively engage and serve as a true strategic partner to the rest of the organization, working together with various department leaders to find creative ways to “say yes” while expertly managing risk.
This role will pay a salary of $100,000 annually.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make applicable government filings, including submission of annual reports, to maintain entities registered and in good standing in the states in which they do business
- Update and maintain corporate organizational chart and entity records
- Apply for state, city and county liquor licenses/permits and renewals
- Oversee Contract Approval Process
- Organize and archive legal documents related to the various entities.
- Manage Form/Template document library, including organizing updates and distribution processes
- Manage/update database of executed contracts
- Manage relationship with outside service agents (eg, CT Corp)
- Draft Legal Audit Letters
- Assist with corporate filings, reports and documents for corporate matters (business formation, dissolution, amendments)
- Draft and review basic corporate contracts using approved templates/form documents
- Compile and process legal invoices
- Compile employee garnishments and forward to appropriate departments for handling
- Assist with managing responses to third-party subpoenas or information requests
- Assist with contract signature process, and provide notary services, where applicable
- Perform other duties as requested
Qualifications, Skills and Education Requirements:
- At least 3 year’s relevant corporate paralegal experience
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and efficient
- Adept at working effectively in a fast-paced, high activity environment, and be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistent high-quality work product
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small, dedicated, productive and high quality legal team
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong initiative, including the ability to work independently and engage with remote team members, with little supervision
- Familiarity with commercial contracts and related word processing software (eg. Word, Workshare Compare, etc.)
- Familiarity with liquor license applications and tied house rules preferred but not required
- Experience in the sports, entertainment and/or hospitality industry preferred but not required
- Candidate must exhibit a strong sense of ethics and integrity, and have a history of sound judgment