In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Directly reporting to the Assistant General Manager of Sales and Marketing, the primary role of the McCormick Place Associate VP of Sales is to manage the sales team to ensure that the highest quality and standards for revenue, economic impact goals and departmental sales goals objectives are met for each fiscal year. The Associate VP of Sales is responsible for providing oversight of day-to-day activities while maximizing targeted booking opportunities within the short-term 18-month timeframe. This position works collaboratively and collectively with Choose Chicago and the MPEA Hotel Collection in maintaining the sales calendar.
This position requires an energetic, innovative, knowledgeable, revenue driven, strong hospitality sales professional, to be accountable for the MPEA and McCormick Place CC’s mission to promote and sell McCormick Place, the Hotel Collection and Chicago. This is accomplished by developing and implementing ongoing strategic initiatives that will positively impact revenue.
This role will pay a salary of $140,000 to $170,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Develop partnerships with sales teams at both headquarter hotels, Choose Chicago and MPEA resulting in booked business for the hotels and McCormick Place
- Responsible for continuing development and creation of new revenue streams for McCormick Place
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of all sales programs and activities with a focus on the hotels in the collection.
- Achieve/exceed assigned sales goals
- Track and manage daily, weekly and monthly sales reports
- Host regular meetings with convention package stakeholders to review prospective business and brainstorm creative ways to attract key account to the venue
- Assume management responsibility for all services and activities of the Sales Department within the facility including sales tools and materials, proposals, sales calls and contracts
- Develop a comprehensive plan to develop the role
- Assist with development and implementation of revenue and expense budget for group sales department annually
- Prepare written proposals; reevaluate potential business value of various events and clients; initiate contractual arrangements
- Conduct tours of facility for potential licensees; answer questions and provide information regarding facility capabilities
- Travel as required to pursue preferred business for McCormick Place throughout the year in pursuit of new business
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions and suggest new ideas to promote the facility and facility events.
- Assist Marketing Manager in the creation and implementation of marketing materials to reinforce sales initiative
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of 7 years of increasingly responsible sales experience for a convention center, hotel, destination marketing organization, or other similar public assembly or hospitality facility, including supervisory responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university with major course works in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field
- Ability to work event nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Has a strong track record of building relationships and generating new business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Excellent organizational skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills and
- Enthusiastic and positive thinker
- Strong PC and data processing skills; working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, as well as database management software
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments efficiently and effectively under strict deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, CRM and Momentus softwares
- Ability to work nights, weekends and select holidays as required, in addition to traditional business hours