In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Under the direction of the Sr. Director, the Benefits Manager provides oversight for day-to-day benefit administration and compliance. Interacts with various internal and external teams to provide information on the benefit plans/information and resolves any issues following protocol developed by the Sr. Director. Completes any reports and surveys as directed by the Sr. Director.
This role will pay a salary between $100,000 to $120,000 annually.
- Direct Staff in day-to-day procedures regarding resolution of individual employee benefits issues.
- Interact with Payroll, Finance departments and Benefits vendors to resolve billing, pay, and enrollment matters.
- Inservice HR staff at Corporate and site locations on the methods of enrolling staff on benefits plans and the maintenance of accurate insurance bills.
- Routinely reviews billing processes and suggests process improvement opportunities to Sr. Director, Benefits.
- Audits enrollment data and payroll premium collection process on a quarterly basis for accuracy, initiates corrective actions when necessary to resolve issues.
- Coordinate with Payroll, Finance and HRIS systems on timetable necessary to implement mass benefit and contract updates.
- Reviews monthly vendor billing against plan enrollment to ensure accuracy of payments against plan census.
- Research benefits plan issues raised by employees by interacting with employees and vendors to bring issues to resolutions consistent with benefit plan provisions.
- Support Annual 401k Audit activities via research, data analysis and documentation pulls.
- Support Annual benefits compliance reviews including 1094 and 1095 completions, 5500 completions, notification mailings, annual filings and reports as needed.
- Support quarterly 401k Investment Committee meeting preparation and scheduling.
- Conduct quarterly benefits update meetings for field HR staff to provide insight into upcoming benefit program implementations or improvements, gain feedback on field needs or concerns, etc.
- Provide general benefits information to employees and managers, as needed (i.e., orientation, open enrollment and health fairs).
- Maintains current understanding of benefit compliance requirements, annual compliance calendar, and documentation of OVG mailing dates and filing records.
- Maintains issues log for documentation of all benefits related escalations and resolutions.
- Assists in program implementation and vendor management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and HIPAA/HiTECH compliance standards
- Assists with HRIS data reviews and cleanup as needed to maintain benefit accuracy.
- Minimum 7 years of increasing responsibility with employee benefits, including health and welfare, 401k and Leaves of absence.
- Bachelors Degree
- Certification in benefits administration preferred
- Experience working with payroll systems, ADP preferred.
- Experience with 401k audits
- Experience with Request for Proposal process
- Experience with benefits vendor management and metrics measurement/adherence
- Experience developing processes and documenting procedures and policies
- Proficient in educating employees on plan/policy and processes
- Experience communicating with all levels of employee and presenting benefits programs to employee meetings