In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Director of Booking reports to the General Manager and oversees all aspects of booking and scheduling ticketed and non-ticketed events at the venue, as well as oversees the creation and implementation of our full-service private special events department. Responsible for delivering a superior level of content procurement, private and special events, customer service and effective relationships with clients, promoters, tenants, staff and guests.
This role will pay a salary of $80,000 to $115,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Serves as a key contributor to the growth and profitability of the business, including strategic direction of event related sales and bookings at BOK Center.
- Prepare and analyze operational performance of the company and its staff to meet objectives, and determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, and policy change.
- Must be able to establish and implement current & long-term objectives for event sales and bookings of all private, public, and ticketed events.
- Daily delegation of responsibilities to directors, managers, associates, and coordinators within event sales and bookings.
- Exuberantly promote the use of all event spaces in conjunction with marketing representatives to increase utilization.
- Prepares final presentation of all contracts and agreements with promoters, organizers, agents, band managers, and industry professionals.
- Oversee and manage the development of the annual operating calendar, activity schedules, projections for attendance and/or revenue.
- Schedule and lead weekly sales and booking department staff meetings.
- Liaison seamlessly with the premium sales and service team to increase revenue for every show and event.
- Directly accountable for the sale goals, budgeting and profitability of event sales and venue booking.
- Build and maintain positive customer/client relationships by providing efficient, quality services, and products.
- Represent the organization and promote all objectives at official functions or delegate representatives to do so.
- Organize and manage department budgets for approval, including those for funding and implementation of programs.
- Any additional tasks assigned.
- 12+ years’ experience booking arena and/or stadium or theaters with direct responsibility for supervising/directing staff across a wide-range of functions in a fast-paced environment in sports &
- entertainment industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Hospitality or Facilities Management or other related field
- of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Previous experience working with a professional sports team or sports tenant, concerts,
- trade/consumer shows
- Prior responsibility and experience for calendar and scheduling for professional sports team and use of
- booking software
- Proven relationship and success working with Live Nation
- Experience with creating successful initiatives that focus on the fan experience
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills, a strategic thinker and planner with a proven
- track record of success
- Proven record of developing and maintaining strong partnerships and collaborative spirit with peers in
- all lines of the business
- A strong record of personal and team achievement over his/her career with substantial personal
- contributions to the positive evolution of the business through innovative thinking and an ability to
- make things happen
- Solid experience in leading, motivating and developing employees
- uperior listening skills with a level of intellectual ability/agility
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization ahead of their own
- Responsible for the daily supervision of the sales and booking staff.
Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problem
- Experience with large crowd management in a stadium or concert setting of a similar size (15,000+ seats) is highly desirable
- In addition to a proven relationship and success working with Live Nation, the ideal candidate would have strong existing industry relationships with other national tour promoters (including but not limited to AEG, MTG, Feld, WWE, Cirque du Soleil, etc.) and major agencies.