In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Director of Event Services will oversee the Events and Guest Services Departments for the Cox Business Convention Center. This individual will manage every aspect of front of house operations in the facility from the advance planning stages through the end of the event. This position will recruit, train, motivate, and evaluate all event and guest services staff. This person will also coordinate police presence and local public safety officials with Security to ensure events run smoothly; coordinate communication between event related staff and delegate assignments and be responsible for overall customer and lessee satisfaction.
This role will pay a salary of $70,000 to $100,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Exercise direct supervision over Event Managers and event staff on all facility events including, but not limited to, the guest services and reception employees.
- Oversee the activities of employees engaged in providing event coordination, telecommunications, technical support, audio-visual services, food & beverage, event security, fire regulation compliance, exhibitor services, box office, parking and overall client satisfaction during events
- Prepare departmental annual budget; recommend capital improvements; control and monitor departmental expenditures; assist in preparation of estimated revenues for facility budget
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and facilitating the logistics of events act as liaison for building with all parties involved in the event
- Timely and accurately communicate with building staff all requirements necessary for the events
- Prepare event estimates as determined by requirements using annual budget as a guide
- Detail event for client approval and internal communication by creating events in Event Booking online software
- Coordinate event seating layouts with box office when necessary
- Coordinate show requirements with tour production managers
- Oversee box office operations, ensuring reports, and methodology are following accepted departmental standards
- Oversee group sales department to maximize ticket sales and financial profitability
- Prepare data sheet for building personnel prior to each event
- Present event previews/reviews in weekly staff meeting
- Develop and control event budgets including preparing pre-show event financial estimates and completing post-show financial settlements based on contractual requirements.
- Deliver timely and accurate event information to the finance department for settlement/invoicing
- Exercises discretion and utilizes independent decision making during events that will best represent the Casper Events Center and serve the client.
- Troubleshoot during event preparation and during event to ensure that all event and box office setups are correct including making decisions about policy, procedures, billing and staffing
- Oversee all production, set up, event staff, event-related contract services
- Create work schedules for event staff, box office staff, group sales staff, security staff, police fire and EMS staff and delegate assignments and review performance and results
- Communicates in a timely fashion any/all problems and proposed solutions to the General Manager
- Receives and responds to complaints from tenants and the public or refers them to the General Manager if necessary
- Prepares events and box office reports noting attendance, times, significant problems, etc.
- Finalizes lessee requirements including table arrangements and number and nature of support personnel (ushers, security guards, caterers & decorators)
- Interacts with other facility staff in a courteous, cooperative, and professional manner
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college/university with major coursework in facility management, marketing, business administration or related field preferred
- Seven to ten (7-10) plus years of increasingly responsible facility management.
- 7-10 years people leadership experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Understanding of the ticketing system; terminology, reporting, programming and troubleshooting.
- An understanding of group sales methodology, processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of events, including crowd management and control techniques; fire and public safety regulations, food service practices,
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to function and make management decisions in a fast paced high pressure environment with strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including, early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and extended number of consecutive days.
- Event management experience in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting highly preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred.
- Production experience/knowledge involving concert set up, audio, video, lighting, and rigging preferred.