In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Senior Director of Game Presentation will guide the planning, strategy, development, and execution of game presentation elements for the Coachella Valley Firebirds, the 32nd team in the American Hockey League. The role is a key part of the organization’s marketing, content and creative development team, a group that leads high-level event production for internal and consumer-facing events. This position is responsible for ensuring event attendees have a memorable experience while fostering brand affinity for the Coachella Valley Firebirds as well as the Seattle Kraken (NHL), Acrisure Arena and Oak View Group. The Senior Director will develop close working relationships across the enterprise collaborating with marketing, content, broadcast & communications, ticketing & premium sales, hockey operations, brand & sponsorship departments as well as executive teams to ensure a consistent and engaging product is produced for all live events. This individual will also build and manage part-time and full-time team members supporting game day operations (promotional crews, emcees, DJs, officials, special guests, anthem singers, etc.) The role will also be responsible for event lighting, sound and serve as the event show caller on game days. The position requires ample amounts imagination, outside-of-the-box thinking, ability to manage multiple initiatives and timelines, collaborations with a variety of creative teams and partners as well as the ability to flawlessly execute the overarching vision for the enterprise throughout regular and post-season events. This role will be actively involved in the leadership and development of the Firebirds organization working with staff across all areas of the business to enhance sales, marketing & community campaigns.
This role will pay a salary of $110,000 to $120,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Serve in a leadership role in coordination with the VP of Marketing & Team Business Services and other key departments including marketing, content, broadcast & communication, ticketing & premium services, sponsorship, community, and other executive leaders within the OVG enterprise.
- Develop impactful concepts & activations that amplify internal & partner initiatives.
- Steward video strategy and production for all events in alignment with marketing & content teams.
- Create and manage department production calendars, timing sheets, rundowns, scripts, storyboards and other production-related documents, distributing to key stakeholders as appropriates.
- Develop departmental process and procedure elements that effectively promote communication across the enterprise, showcase team & game storytelling, drive revenue, elevate the fan and brand experience, and achieve partner objectives.
- Maintain a close working relationship with control room staff, venue operations team, hockey operations and League contacts, including a physical presence leading up to and during games to ensure seamless communications for broadcasting and other operations.
- Oversee relationships with various technology, production, and operations vendors.
- Oversee lighting, sound and serve as show caller for all home games.
- Support production for in-market events including viewing parties, corporate, community & sponsorship events.
- Research and stay updated on Game Presentation trends across professional sports leagues, implementing new and innovative programming for the Firebirds & Acrisure Arena.
- Liaise with Seattle Kraken Game Presentation team, NHL and AHL counterparts to stay on top of best practices while formulating meaningful relationships with teams across the AHL and other leagues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10 years’ experience working in live events, sports, entertainment & event production
- 7 years’ experience leading and managing event production teams in live events, sports & entertainment.
- Understanding sports & entertainment live event presentation required
- Content and broadcast production skills and experience required (hockey-specific is preferrable)
- Knowledge of and ability to closely follow popular culture & viral trends
- Outstanding leadership, organizational & communication skills, along with a collaborative and inquisitive spirit.
- Ability to pivot and adapt quickly leveraging problem-solving skills within the fast-paced, high-pressure environment of live events.
- Passionate, collaborative and creative spirit who can actively lead brainstorming sessions moving through all stages of strategic planning.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including clearly presenting concepts.
- Ability to respectfully handle constructive feedback from peers, leadership and partners.
- Cultivate trust-based relationships across all areas of operation.
- Attend and work all home games along with select company events.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays with some travel potentially required.
- Degree from accredited college or university ideally in broadcast production, communications or other relevant field of study pertaining to the role.
- Knowledge of Daktronics and industry standard A/V equipment and lighting systems.
- Experience managing teams and vendors as it relates to game day production and presentation events.
- Ability to create strategic plan as well as manage department budgets
- Direct management of staff (part-time & full-time positions)
- Working primarily in an office environment
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time and be able to handle physical requirements of light work and lifting.