In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
In consultation with the General Manager, the Director of Operations manages, supervises, and coordinates the day-to-day operations of the complex including but not limited to maintenance, set-up/changeovers, custodial/housekeeping, landscaping/grounds keeping, equipment safety and capital projects. This employee also provides overall administrative planning, direction, and policies to operating managers and supervisors, assuring the highest quality service program to assure booking and rebooking of events. The Director of Operations ensures an effective and cost-efficient program by controlling departmental operating budget while providing highly responsible staff assistance to the General Manager.
This role will pay a salary of $70,000 to $100,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Oversees overall daily operation and maintenance of the facility and all systems. This includes HVAC, sound, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, life safety, workplace safety, communications, scoreboard sytems, pest control, custodial services, etc
- Participate in the development and administration of the facility’s operations and capital budgets; forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary
- Oversees the advancing and communicating of event information to the appropriate departments and staff
- Oversees the operation of event set-up and tear-down, i.e. basketball floor, stage risers, chairs, signs, banquet functions, etc
- Acts as liaison with City and County Services for numerous facility related functions (City Codes, Parking, Licenses, permits, inspections, warranties, etc)
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures
- Responsible for OSHA/Workers Comp/Health & Safety compliance
- Develop and update comprehensive management reports and manuals (i.e. Operations Manual, Annual Preventative Maintenance Plan, Annual Facility Report, Fire Code Rules & Regulations, etc)
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Conduct a variety of organizational and operational studies; recommend modifications to programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, facility stakeholders and facility users
- Direct and monitor the work of contractors, engineers and architects on building projects
- Maintain hazardous materials communication program, and material safety data sheets; maintain knowledge of changes in pertinent Federal, State and Local regulations
- All other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited college/university.
- 7 plus years’ experience in facility operations management, arena, convention center, stadium preferred
- 3 plus years managing and leading people/teams
- Must show demonstrated knowledge of physical venue management, supervisory skills and experience in work crew supervision in facility operations.
- Ability to work event nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Basic Knowledge of boilers, chillers, refrigeration and ice making
- Basic Knowledge of Fire Alarm / Fire Protection systems
- Knowledge of Event production and theatre technology
- Capable of operating in Microsoft Office applications including: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to supervise the work of others
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment
- Working knowledge of equipment safety, facility maintenance and housekeeping
- Excellent customer service skills