In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Director of Banquet Operations is responsible for overseeing the direction of the banquet department daily operations in accordance with OVG policies and objectives to ensure guest satisfaction, profitability, and positive, productive, and compliant work environment. The Director of Banquets is solely responsible for the effective management and operation of the entire banquet team including event planning support, scheduling, food cost control, compliance with food safety and sanitation policies, cleaning, safety, employee training and supervision. The Director of Banquets must provide a high level of oversight, operational proficiency, and personnel support to ensure the smooth running of all food and beverage events.
The Director of Banquet Operations is responsible for ensuring quality food and beverage is served to the guests. The Director of Banquets is responsible for the training of all banquet staff. The Director of Banquets must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule which includes evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, and self-direction required.
This role will pay a salary of $75,000 to $85,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Provide leadership and support for all Banquet Managers and colleagues.
- Responsible for training and evaluating Banquet staff in accordance with the standards of the company's policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring the banquet staff meet company service standards while operating within budgeted labor cost guidelines.
- Ensure proper care, security, and maintenance of banquet operation equipment.
- Coordinate and ensure the needs of the Catering department with the managers of interrelated departments.
- Directs on-going recruitment, training, development, mentoring and supervision of hourly employees, as directed by Associate VP of Hospitality Operations; responsible for completing documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and practice.
- Oversees management of catered events from set-up to tear down, including handling all communication with hourly staff, culinary staff and guests.
- Ensures full compliance with state and federal labor laws, compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, sanitation, and food-related ordinances, and alcohol regulations.
- Perform all other duties as required
- 7+ years progressive supervisory experience in F&B Management in a convention, hotel or other high-end large capacity banquet environment.
- Union experience preferred.
- Knowledge of revenue management, training, and motivation of peers and staff
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Valid Food Handler’s certificate if required by state and/or county of venue.
- Valid Alcohol Service Permit if required by state and/or county of venue.
- Familiar with inventory cost control and menu planning.
- Basic computer proficiency: E-mail, Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale and timekeeping systems.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including daytime, evenings and weekends, holidays and irregular schedules as required), depending upon event and business requirements.