In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the full range of accounting responsibilities and financial reporting at the McCormick Place Convention Center/Wintrust Arena. Performs daily, weekly and month-end closing work, account reconciliations, and profit statement reporting to management. Provides support to the Director of Finance/Administration relative to financial reporting including, but not limited to, maintaining actual and budgeted purchasing and financial information in electronic spreadsheet or database formats. Continuously analyzes, enters, and monitors financial data for all areas of McCormick Place (MP) to ensure accuracy and provides explanations of balances and activity on a timely basis.
This role will pay a salary of $75,000 to $100,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Provide supervision of accounting department. Responsibilities include hiring, training, developing, managing and mentoring employees. Oversee accounting practices of staff for quality control (Sales Reporting, Deposits, A/R, A/P, payroll, general accounting, clerical and archiving functions).
- Supervises Accounts Receivable staff.
- Supervises Accounts Payable staff.
- Prepares and performs balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Supervises and assists with the preparation of customer reporting and invoicing.
- Assists with preparation of financial statements for the Client and OVG360, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget and Annual Report.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Verifies and checks the accuracy of general ledger coding.
- Directs and participates in cost analyses and rate studies.
- Prepares and analyzes information for financial statements and reports.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting. Works with auditors in verifying financial information/procedures.
- Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel.
- Provide accounting support to company departments. Reconcile sales reports to month-end postings. Oversee document coding.
- Safeguard company assets through close monitoring of accounting procedures; conduct audits as needed.
- Responsible for accurate and timely submission of government sales tax reporting.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on highly sensitive on all areas of the operation.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Directly supervises employees in the Finance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with OVG360 and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in public accounting and/or financial management at a supervisory level or as department head.
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required. Must work nights and weekends if required.
- Experience in facility management, event management, and/or hospitality industries preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting.
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required.
- Must pass background and credit check per guidelines.
- Experience with ADP payroll, Sage 100 and/or Net Suite preferred.
- Prior experience using automated purchasing software.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of spreadsheet design, formulas, layout, and reports.
with emphasis on record development and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of electronic spreadsheets and database management software required including.
Excel and Access.
- Industry experience is preferred.
- CPA or MBA a plus, but not required.