In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Assistant General Manager - Entertainment will interact continuously with clients, promoters, artist’s agent and artist’s managers in efforts to solidify profitable event business for the Wintrust Arena & Arie Crown Theater. Assist in coordination of all aspects of the booking process. Develop and coordinate all special projects and events associated with the arena and theater.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Develops new sporting, concert, family, comedy, religious, and/or theatrical programming
- Monitors and maintains the booking calendar for all entertainment spaces. Maximizes ticket sales for all events using all assets available. Must have excellent communication with marketing, box office and booking staff
- Works directly with promoters in preparation of cost estimates, contract negotiations, oversight of event management, event settlement
- Obtains full understanding of venue deal points and agreements (to include tracing of contract, deposits and insurance)
- Promote the facilities to all potential clients; conducts facility tours; answers questions and provides information regarding facility services, technical capabilities, policies and procedures; assists clients in finalizing booking arrangements
- Proactively reach out to promoters including in person meetings
- Annually produces collateral such as marketing plan, year-end recap, year-end video and client parties, etc. Prepares statistics, reports and budget presentations for top management.
- Assists the General Manager in the development and administration of the facility’s operating and capital budgets; works directly with the department directors in developing departmental operating budgets and revenue projections
- Supervises marketing plans for ticketed events to include all available services: group sales, public relations, media placement, direct mail, promotional development, non-profit opportunities, etc.
- Develops new high-priority special events to grow venue attendance and revenue
- Establishes and maintains relationships with media, industry influencers and key community and strategic partners
- Works in conjunction with building marketing, event services, operations, and food & beverage staff in the planning and execution of special events
- Remains current on national trends in the industry and local market changes that affect the facility.
- Conducts special studies or research as assigned by the General Manager
- Maintains, at all times, high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance
- Coordinates with other departments in the day-to-day management of their various disciplines; reviews and evaluates processes and results; identifies and resolves deficiencies and challenges
- Works extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of 10+ years of experience in event development within a concert, arena or sports venue.
- Excellent written and verbal skills including strong proof-reading
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and organizational ability
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required
- Ability to work simultaneously with a broad variety of vested interest groups and to foster a cooperative environment
- Ability to anticipate problems and implement immediate corrective action.
- Ability to perform effectively under significant pressure typically associated with meeting the demands and timetables of the entertainment industry
- Considerable knowledge of event solicitation and presentation, public relations, advertising and media relations and event planning
- Strong orientation towards hospitality/customer service for the meeting, convention and entertainment industry
- Prior experience in contract negotiation
- Ability to plan, coordinate and direct varied and complex administrative operations
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hour as needed
- Must have professional attitude and appearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint