The Director of Technology Services is responsible for all facets of the facility’s administrative and event-related technology offerings including, technology utilities, infrastructure, applications, and devices. The position will also oversee the sales and service delivery for all customer facing technology products and the selection, integration, and performance of all administrative technology products.
This role will pay a salary of $110,000 to $140,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
· Managing all facets of the show related technology services including but not limited to offerings, rate recommendations, sales, order taking and fulfilment, infrastructure, system maintenance, updates, upgrades and administrative services including infrastructure, networks, local servers, telecom, hardware, software, personal technology, etc.
· Responsible for hiring, supervising, and developing all administrative and show related Technology Services personnel.
· Meets with customers to explain offerings and develop show specific plans and strategy to ensure customer satisfaction with service provided. Providing post event follow-up to events to ensure customers are able to effectively and efficiently plan for upcoming events.
· Remains informed on currently available and emerging technology related to the Convention Center industry and related support and administrative functions including but not limited to administrative operations, physical security, cyber-security, event logistics, wireless and wired networks, telecommunications, digital marketing, geo-location, and stakeholder feedback.
· Educates Senior Management and team members on available technologies.
· Working directly with Senior Level Management to develop strategies for maximizing current technology offerings and developing future investment plans that align with organizational add customer needs.
· Regularly reviewing and updating the McCormick Place technology business model to ensure competitive offerings and pricing while maximizing revenue.
· Creating and implementing administrative and event related technology strategy.
· Creating and managing annual administrative, revenue and expense budgets and annual plans for Technology Services Department.
· A Bachelor’s degree in a technology or business related field. Advanced degree preferred
· A minimum of 7+ years of Information Technology experience with 3 years minimum management experience.
· The ability to be a self-starter, handle multiple tasks, and meet firm deadlines
· Excellent problem-solving, analytical, decision-making and interpersonal skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong customer service and relation skills
· Strong experience with operational, administrative and capital budgeting.
· Ability and willingness to work a varied event and deadline driven schedule.