In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Vice President of Business Development is responsible for achieving the company’s set objectives in the food, beverage, and related hospitality services market segments by developing new contracts and opportunities in the sector. This position is responsible for generating, managing and coordinating outside sales, as well as directing and implementing marketing functions as required. The Vice President of Business Development will independently manage and oversee all aspects of the sales process from determining the market and understanding consumer and competitors’ behaviors to constantly gathering, analyzing and updating information relating to each sector by identifying the strength and weakness of company strategy within our competitive set. The Vice President oversees and manages the standards of designing commercial proposals specific to prospects and the clients and ensures that it is line with the relevant market segment and in order with the company’s overall strategic objectives. The Vice President of Business Development is customarily and regularly engaged away from the office in order to attend industry trade shows and networking events, make sales calls to clients or potential clients, or obtain new sales leads.
This position will travel throughout the country, primarily in the West region which currently includes WA, OR, CA, AZ, NV, ID, MT, WY, UT, CO, NM. Base salary as listed and the position is also eligible for commission income.
The Vice President of Business Development maintains a consistently positive and professional relationship with internal and external clients. The Vice President of Business Development will handle sales and customer service issues including providing outstanding customer service; researching, resolving and clarifying questions; and providing knowledgeable and appropriate suggestions regarding the variety of hospitality and related management service options. The Vice President of Business Development will facilitate the flow of information internally, as well as communicate with all clients and vendors.
The Vice President of Business Development must be able to work a variable shift, including evenings and weekends, depending upon business requirements, to best serve our client partners.
This role will pay a salary of $130,000 to $170,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Responsible for New Account Development: Conducting market research, determining sales targets, prospects and leads, independently planning and executing an effective sales and marketing strategy.
- Build relationships by networking and prospecting with key decision makers, establish and develop strong, effective relationships with influencers through professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Coordinate, create and deliver effective responses to RFP’s and RFI’s, and sales proposals and presentations.
- Independently sources, identifies, and pursues outside networking opportunities through professional industry resources and community events, or special events attended by prospects.
- Responsible for negotiating and finalizing contracts in accordance with company guidelines and in collaboration with the SVP, and division President.
- Maintain accurate records for all development activities in conjunction with responsibilities.
- Communicate regularly with SVP, division President, sales support team, office staff, and Operations staff about the needs of our clients and their expectations.
- Maintain in CRM an extensive client database for follow-up sales calls and contact (in person, phone, email, mail, etc.)
- Assist with follow-up of client sales experience, ensuring that all issues have been addressed.
- Independently develops contacts and opportunities, as needed, to strategic target accounts in coordination with the SVP of Business Development.
- Serves as primary contact up to operation startup, including responsibilities to secure signed contract.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrated outstanding networking abilities and relationship building skills with a clear understanding of the key stages in the selling process and knowledge of effectively closing a deal.
- Ability to focus on customer/client satisfaction while achieving revenue objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills are essential for this role.
- Thorough understanding of F&B performance benchmarks and efficiency ratios.
- Strong competency at branding, market segmentation within hospitality industry.
- Ability to justify and support proposed financial analysis development for projects.
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage operations and the ability to recognize synergies.
- Strong understanding of the day to day operations of F&B outlets to help develop concepts and brands.
- Demonstrated proficiency and successful experience in sales generation, contract negotiation, and familiarity with business model for catering, concessions, and venue partnerships.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications (Microsoft Office programs with an emphasis on creating word documents, Excel spreadsheets, email).
- Ability to adhere to high standard of business etiquette, professional verbal and written communication.
- Ability to consistently represent the Company in a professional, positive and knowledgeable manner.
- Ability to adhere to highest standard of confidentiality and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to produce detail-oriented, accurate work.
- Ability to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and evenings, as required ensuring outcome.
- Ability to make solid, appropriate and independent decisions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 12 years of related hospitality/food and beverage experience.
- At least five (5) years of experience with Business Development/Middle-Management function in the hospitality field.
- Six or more years in a sales role, with verifiable sales success.