In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
This role will pay a wage of $160,000 to $195,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (including but not limited to):
- Serve as the primary culinary subject matter expert within company and communicates and educates the latest trends for business and industry Development of a long-term menu strategy that balances consumer expectations with corporate financial goals/budgets
- Maintaining strategic accountability for overall menu/product offerings (concessions, catering, in-suite menu, etc.) including sku rationalization, core recipe standards, portion standards, inventory management, prep standards, and waste/cost control
- Facilitation of recipe development process and costing
- Creates and manages documentation of recipes written in a clear, concise manner and easily understood by a wide variety of audiences
- Oversee on-going recipe development, costing, testing, ingredient selection, and maintenance of order guides
- Ensure execution of product tastings protocols to include; internal presentations, food shows, outside tastings
Establish effective food management processes and reporting
- Establishes the theoretical food cost system ensuring the system is kept current
- Develop proper prep procedures keeping prep sheets in sync with operational needs.
- Develop waste tracking/management systems
- Partner with Finance and Field Operations to manage food and labor outliers
- Ensure the highest level of culinary standards are maintain
- Develop communication processes within the culinary field team to ensure alignment with corporate strategies
- Develop culinary leaders, support succession planning and development, and build bench strength
- Works closely with the Supply Chain team on maximizing sku amounts, order guides, and supplier optimization.
- Engaging in Cost Reduction and Item consolidation projects
- Support business development process working closely with VPs and Director of Business Development as assigned.
- Responsible for helping a company to achieve financial goals and objectives and increase operating performance. Prepares budgets, creates businesses plans, and solves internal issues as they arise.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with major course work in Culinary Arts, Food Service Operations, or related field required
- Min. of 7-10 years sales experience, preferably with an arena/stadium, convention center, hotel or contract food service management company
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining standardized recipes for various applications (concessions, catering, in-suite service, etc.)
- Experience managing, developing and training direct reports is required
- Proven track record leading large transformational projects
- Ability to identify, design and implement operating system support resources and performance analytics to drive the improved performance of the business
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to independently manage oneself and effectively influence others without formal authority
- Willingness to work the hours necessary/permitted by your supervisor to meet sales goals (includes nights, weekends and select holidays, in addition to traditional business hours)
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented with ability to handle multiple assignments
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL/PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
• While performing duties of job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally move about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information.
• The duties of this position are performed primarily in doors in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal-to-moderate during non-event days and moderate-to-loud during event days.