In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Executive Chef is responsible for overseeing the direction of the kitchen’s daily activities in accordance with OVG policies and objectives to ensure guest satisfaction, profitability and a positive, productive and compliant work environment. The Executive Chef is solely responsible for the effective management and operation of the culinary team including event planning support, scheduling, food preparation and production, food cost control, compliance with food safety and sanitation policies, cleaning, kitchen safety, employee training and supervision, and any other tasks assigned by the F&B Director. The Executive Chef must provide a high level of oversight, culinary proficiency and operational/personnel support to ensure the smooth running all food outlets and events.
This role will pay a wage of $100,000 to $125,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Responsible for managing, developing and mentoring team members, including initiating employment actions such as hiring, firing, and performance management.
- Establish work place expectations; provide on-going assistance, training and mentoring to team members; promote a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative workplace environment by working side-by-side with the team; reinforce procedures and practices through repetition; lead by example and provide on-going constructive feedback.
- Responsible for ensuring that budgeted food percentages are achieved through effective control measures including portion controls, kitchen timings, food inventory rotation measures, receiving and food storage procedures, inventory controls, effective purchasing procedures, kitchen security procedures and waste control. Controls labor costs through effective scheduling of kitchen staff, cross-training and development of employees; responsible for monitoring breaks and break documentation for kitchen staff and the daily approval of break documentation.
- Ensures that the purchasing and preparation of all food products meet OVG standards of quality and consistency. Responsible for the development of menus, ensuring quality, consistency and style of concept are maintained. Monitors production of food preparation ensuring recipe specifications, portion controls and kitchen timings are met. Monitors all food served relative to appearance, temperature, sanitary and quality standards.
- Coordinates the storage, maintenance and repair of all kitchen equipment to ensure operational readiness.
- Provides leadership and support to the entire kitchen staff; builds morale and encourages empowerment of the culinary team. Maintains a positive and compliant employee relations climate. Responsible for staffing, training, evaluation and counseling of kitchen staff. Promotes support and communication with entire staff. Positively interacts with front of house staff. Rapidly solves problems.
- Ensures compliance with health, sanitation, safety and employment regulations by clearly communicating and reinforcing standards and procedures to kitchen staff.
- Ensures proper kitchen record keeping and administrative requirements including food inventories and invoicing of food products. Responsible for organizing employee work schedules, ensuring appropriate coverage for all kitchen areas, team member compliance with venue uniform policy.
- Promotes teamwork among staff through effective communication, follow through and goal setting. Leads by example and thorough instruction to effectively obtain quality management of product, service and philosophy of concept.
- Ensure training of kitchen team is conducted in a timely manner. Communicate with team to help them understand their job duties, requirements and company policies.
- Control labor costs through effective scheduling of kitchen team, cross-training and development of team. Responsible for the development of menus, ensuring quality, consistency and style of concept are maintained. Monitor all food served relative to appearance, temperature, sanitary and quality standards.
- Provide accurate costing of all menu items.
- Supervise and assist with meal time restaurant production as needed.
Minimum of six (6) years’ experience overseeing multiple kitchens/ outlets in a full service casino, resort and/or events venue.
Five (5) years’ experience in an executive position in a major market US convention center, convention hotel or business hotel rated 4-stars or above Minimum five (5) years management/supervisory experience in a culinary environment.
Demonstrated and verifiable track record of meeting projected costs; experience/knowledge in profit and loss reporting and fiscal planning.
Culinary arts degree from a college or formal apprenticeship program.
Four (4) year college degree preferred.
Professional appearance and presentation required.
Knowledge of and skill in using computer software, including MS Word/Excel/Outlook, POS, and Inventory Systems.
Professional training in a fast-paced high-volume fine dining restaurant/catering facility, full service casual dining preferred.
Must have a High School Diploma, G.E.D.
Maintain a Health Food Handlers Card and/or Serve Safe.
Must complete approved Alcohol Certification Program.