In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships will be responsible for driving new business sales for all OVG business units with a focus on our Seattle portfolio. This role will be responsible for achieving individual and department revenue goals though successful prospecting, pipeline management, strong relationships, business acumen, solution and objective-based ideation and selling, and negotiation. The Senior Manager will be immersed in all OVG property benefits and business lines. Additionally, the Senior Manager will have leadership responsibilities within the department on special projects.
This person will work in close collaboration with the entire department and organization to ensure organizational cohesion and synergy. Culture fit and the proven ability to operate successfully at a high level while leading in both thought and action with an organization first, department second, individual third mindset is critical.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships will need to possess a positive, solution oriented, collaborative mindset, be a relationship oriented individual, excel at storytelling and creativity, and embrace innovation.
- Game/Event Night responsibilities: Yes
- Approximate number of events worked per year: Varies
This role pays a salary between $100,000 and $110,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
- Responsible for growing OVG property business lines via new partnership sales including Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle Kraken, Kraken Community Iceplex, Seattle Center, Seattle Monorail, and third-party partners.
- Responsible for supporting the department’s new business sales process from start to finish – identify and manage individual account prospect list, CRM input, relationship development, client objective-based ideation, pitching, negotiating, closing, contract execution and seamless transition of new partner accounts to the assigned partnership activation account lead.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve individual new business goals while supporting and contributing to the larger organization’s goals and objectives.
- Research, ideate and execute industry leading partnership sales concepts and platforms.
- Identify and target potential, best-in-brand corporate partners at the regional, national, and international level, with a key focus on regional and national brands.
- Ensure partner-based business objectives, asset alignment, analytics, and world class storytelling are incorporated into all new sales pitches.
- Negotiate new partnerships that benefit the partner, our fans, and the organization.
- Adapt selling style and technique to organizational priorities, evolving property portfolio and business needs.
- Continually assess the industry landscape, market demands, innovation, and emerging categories to keep sales strategies and tactics relevant.
- Collaborate and support the team in executing all partner relationships, contracts, and events.
- Collaborate with other internal departments and external portfolio properties to ideate new partnership assets and platforms.
- Host and entertain corporate partners and prospects at games and events.
- Develop strong, long-term relationships with both clients and co-workers.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, advertising, or sports management (or similar field) from four-year college or university preferred.
- MBA and/or master’s degree in Sports & Entertainment Management also preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 5 or more years of experience in business development focused position(s) in sports, entertainment, advertising, technology, and/or consulting agency.
- Diverse market and work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead with a history of exhibiting strong decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to consistently close new business deals.
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as they work in a team environment, being a consummate team player.
- Strong presentations skills using storytelling, objectives and KPI’s.
- Roster of industry contacts, past clients, and category success.
- Creative, enthusiastic, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior customer service, relationship, and sales skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a strategic, solution-oriented seller.
- Ability to establish effective client and interdepartmental relationships, manage multiple client contacts and projects, and drive business.
- Able to interface with colleagues, senior executives, and clients effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication style according to the audience.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and CRM.
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary.