*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Warehouse Worker is responsible for assisting in venue distribution/warehouse operations including inventory, receiving, purchasing, ordering, lay-ins, purchase order tracking, clean-up, transfers and equipment maintenance. This is a key position for the effective and profitable operation of the business. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule which includes evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and independent decision-making skills are required.
- Responsible for assisting with product purchasing/ordering, receiving and distribution control for the venue.
- Maintain sanitation and organizational systems of all warehouse storage areas.
- Fulfills all event expectations including but not limited to requisitioning during events, post-event break down, warehouse returns, equipment storage, sanitation and maintenance.
- Oversee and ensure that appropriate stocking levels are met for each event; rotate and maintain integrity of product.
- Ensure proper transfer process of product between locations, including follow-up documentation.
- Assists in performing routine maintenance; responsible for concession and utility equipment cleaning and maintenance: portable equipment, burden carriers, carts, floors, refrigeration, and lighting. Ensure manifested equipment is in location.
- Evaluate warehouse employee performance. Maintain employee records, written warnings, reviews and other related documents.
- Conduct walk through of the commissary, warehouse and storage areas after the completion of the day to ensure all areas are clean.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions (i.e. regarding employee placement, staffing adjustments, and/or respond to technical, product or equipment challenges during an event) quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of all existing concessions locations: geographical location, equipment, evacuation procedures, adjacent employee and guest areas, and facility access.
- Possess valid Food Handlers certificate and Alcohol Service Permit if required by Provincial or local government.
- Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service policies, safety standards, etc. pertaining to Spectra and venue concession operations.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years foodservice / hospitality experience; similar venue experience a plus.
- Food service certification
Performing the duties of this position involves extensive and continuous standing and walking. Routine activities require the employee to be able to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include the ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision and close vision.
Working Conditions & Hazards
- Exposed to weather and non-weather related cold temperatures;
- In areas with low levels of CO exposure;
- Wet and slippery floors;
- Extreme hot surfaces;
- Pinch points and tight working spaces throughout building;
- Exposed to high noise levels.