In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Server / Suite Attendant is an individual with execellent customer service skills, a positive attitude, and also food preparation skills. You will be responsible to set up your suite and take care of your clients food and beverage needs for the event. Servers will be responsible for taking orders from guests in the Club area and will also help work banquet events as assigned, Brand Zones, Suites or designated areas when required.
This position is based at our Ralston Arena. The Ralston Arena, also called the Ralston Sports and Event Center, is an arena located in Ralston, Nebraska, a suburb of Omaha, Nebraska. It serves as the home of the Omaha Lancers of the United States Hockey League and the Omaha Beef of Champions Indoor Football. It also served as home to the Omaha Mavericks NCAA Division I men's basketball team, representing the University of Nebraska Omaha, from its opening until the end of the 2014–15 season, with the school opening Baxter Arena for the 2015–16 season. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.ralstonarena.com/
- Maintain safe working conditions and sanitary work area
- Follow Ralston Arena Food and Beverage rules and regulations
- Provide great customer service
- Making sure that food and beverage orders are delivered in a timely manner
- Suite foods and beverages are ready for clients arrival or per arranged time as listed on the event order
- Day of orders taken and seasonable time expectations relayed to customers in a professional manner
- Basic working knowledge of food and beverage
- Basic math ability to accurately count and handle money
- Basic food preparation
- Ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work
- Positive attitude, neat appearance, and must be in proper uniform
- Must speak and understand English
- Must be able to stand and walk for the duration of the shift
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties for this job, the employee is regularly requested to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events. This position requires stooping and lifting, substantial standing and walking.
- Must have ability to take directions and effectively perform the work
- Must have basic knowledge of cash register and credit card procedures
- Must be able to carry trays with plates of food on them
- Follows Ralston Arena’s Alcoholic beverage procedures
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.