In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Senior Accountant plans and Manage all aspects of financial, accounting, purchasing, and internal control functions for the venue by performing the following duties, personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Senior Accountant carries out responsibilities in accordance with OVG policies and applicable laws. Other responsibilities include overseeing the interviewing, hiring of fulltime employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and policies and procedures.
- Monitors compliance with all provisions of the management contract.
- Maintains contact with Risk Management Department and Insurance broker for coordination of appropriate coverage.
- Reviews all contracts for client, events, subcontractors, food and beverage or concessionaires.
- Reviews and executes all checks.
- Process all full-time and part-time employee applications
- Maintain all personnel files
- Manually process bi-weekly payroll for approximately 200 employees during season
- Prepare appropriate state and local tax returns to be filed timely
- Prepares financial statements for the Client and Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly bank statements, and annual budget.
- Manage the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Manage the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for all departments; prepares monthly financial statements, recommends appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Coordinates preparation of Client or external audit materials and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree with course work in accounting
- Thorough understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Previous payroll processing a must; Processing payroll manually is preferred.
- High level of proficiency with computers, Microsoft applications, accounting/payroll/HRIS systems. Experience with ADP a plus. Extensive experience in Excel preparing spreadsheets and reports.
- Strong experience of following established processes and policies, attention to detail, accuracy of work and adherence to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, changing, environment. Must work well under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to interact with a diverse spectrum of individuals calmly, professionally, supportively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to delegate tasks efficiently and develop staff to next level.
- Ability to adhere to highest standards of ethics, integrity, professionalism, and discretion. Ability to execute solid management decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours (i.e. evenings, weekends, and holidays), as frequently required by business necessity.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with company and business contacts.