In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Security Officer is a full-time, hourly position that reports to the Director, Security & Transportation. Security Officers will be responsible for protecting Snapdragon Stadium and visitors, staff and vendors on a 24 hour, 7 day per week basis.
- Monitors and operates closed circuit surveillance, access control and fire alarm systems.
- Vets all stadium visitors/contractors, verifies appropriate credentials and prevents unauthorized access to the premises.
- Patrols all stadium property as required and ensures, in a friendly and professional manner, the security of employees, contracted building partners and visitors.
- Detects and resolves immediate safety and criminal issues; responds to the scene of an incident and acts as an emergency first responder if required.
- Acts as property first responder to alarms, medical calls, property damages, etc. Maintains absolute confidentiality on sensitive issues.
- Maintains accurate notes and log information as required; ensures that all pass-on information is communicated to the next shift.
- Completes all activity logs, incident reports, repair forms and other documents in a clear, concise and legible format in a timely, efficient manner.
- Performs person and package/parcel screening according to Snapdragon Stadium policies and procedures.
- Conducts detailed internal investigations into incidents and provides detailed, objective reports for each shift or incident.
- Attends briefing and training sessions to ensure complete knowledge of Stadium policies and upcoming events.
- Greet all clients, employees, guests and vendors at Snapdragon Stadium in a professional manner.
- Follows established Stadium Security protocols and procedures at all times.
- Represents the company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in large public assembly facilities highly desirable. Courses in criminal justice or security training by recognized academy, school or organization desirable.
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing. Ability to communicate in Spanish is desired.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including utilizing email and Microsoft Office and the ability to learn to efficiently operate a variety of software applications.
- Previous Law Enforcement/Public Safety experience a plus.
- Possess high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and accountability.
- Consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Professional image and demeanor.
- Strong ability to work with others in a collaborative, team environment.
- Possess BSIS Security Guard certifications a plus.
- Minimum physical requirements: able to travel to and gain access to various areas of the stadium for prolonged periods of time; able to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
- Ability to work nights, all events, weekends, events and holidays as required.