In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Parking Supervisor will assist the Parking Manager in daily operations of all Iowa Events Center parking locations. Position is responsible for various administrative duties and ensuring staff has appropriate knowledge and tools for customer service focus and efficient operations.
- Assist with day to day supervision of part time Parking Attendants
- Organize, prepare and distribute work schedules for staffing specific event needs
- Track attendance of staff according to Attendance Policy; promptly notify Manager/HR when warnings are needed
- Communicate event schedules and information with parking staff
- Monitor lot during events to ensure cars are parked quickly and effectively; immediately contact the Manager if issues arise
- Track parking tickets and maintain daily parking records
- Ability to work in all parking locations and positions
- Reconcile ticket sales to cash in accordance with established accounting procedures
- Prepare various operational and financial reports regarding areas of responsibility in absence of Manager
- Assist Manager in communication of policy, employee coaching conversations, and process & procedure updates/information with parking staff
- Assist Manager in training staff in efficient parking operations to maximize revenue
- Monitor lots during events to ensure smooth ingress of the interior and exterior of the lots
- Promptly and professionally resolve all customer service issues related to parking in absence of Manager
- Inspect work productivity of parking attendants to ensure that the highest levels of efficiency, accuracy and customer service are met
- Coordinate with Event Managers and Parking Manager to ensure accurate scheduling of staff
- Assist in operation of daily events as business demands to provide excellent customer service
- Greet and direct customers entering parking lots, sell parking tickets and count back correct change
- Verify proper documentation all cars going through booths
- Balance cash drawer at the end of shift
- Set up A-frame signs, parking cones, and reserved/disabled parking signs as event needs
- Identify and problem solve parking issues; prevent when possible
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must have a demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- One or more years’ experience in a team leadership or supervisory customer service position preferred.
- Demonstrated computer experience in a Windows format including email, data entry, and typing skills.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Comfortable working with the public with an outgoing and friendly personality
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team, remaining flexible in your role
- Ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work the majority of Arena events at the Iowa Events Center.