In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
OVG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Operations Technician for OVG/American Bank Center. Responsible for the working with Operations leads to assist with daily activities required to run, to maintain, and to service the facility and/or the events by performing the following duties.
- Responsible for completion of assigned work orders
- Assures facility readiness and smooth operation of events
- Assist with general related maintenance of the building.
- Follow the preventive maintenance program, energy management program and standard operations procedures for all machinery and equipment.
- Anticipate problems and appropriate solutions. Make management aware immediately when policies and procedures are not being followed.
- Responsible for room preparation and recovery including floor sets and strikes.
- Other duties assigned by Operations Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. required and a minimum of one (1) years experience performing building operations in an entertainment facility with a demanding schedule.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours as needed.
- Ability to use paint roller and brushes.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work a physically demanding job including, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in different climates, around loud noise, and in crowds.
- Ability to help with general maintenance (painting, PM’s, carpentry).
- Other skills are a plus (float, paint, carpet and tile work).