In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
OVG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Operations Supervisor for OVG/American Bank Center. Responsible for working with Operations Management/Chief Engineer to assist in the leading of daily activities required to run, maintain, and to service the facility and/or the events by performing the following duties personally or through Operations crew and leads.
- Responsible for overseeing daily room prep and recovery including floor sets and strikes.
- Ability to lead operations crew to complete task assignments in a timely manner.
- Responsible for completion of assigned work orders through supervision of part-time operations crew.
- Assure facility readiness and smooth operation of events
- Assist with general related maintenance of the building as assigned.
- Follow the preventive maintenance program, energy management program and standard operations procedures for all machinery and equipment.
- Performs minor electrical repairs.
- Makes emergency plumbing repairs.
- Assists with the repair of all facility systems.
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees by following the life safety and emergency program as needed.
- Responsible for leading by example for the operations crew.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes.
- Work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Implement facility rules, regulation policies, and procedures.
- Anticipate problems and appropriate solutions.
- Communicate with Operations management/ Chief Engineer to ensure work is completed efficiently.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication of directives to crew.
- Responsible for inventory of all operations equipment -- making sure storage is organized.
Supervises operations crew. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems in compliance with Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or G.E.D. required and a minimum of one (1) years experience performing building operations in an entertainment facility with a demanding schedule along with one (1) year supervisory experience. Forklift experience required. Ice maintenance experienced preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team leader.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours as needed
- A valid drivers license is required.
- Ability to work in confined spaces or heights.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays as needed.